222

Luna~

"Hon, can you mix this salad for me after you're done?" Alecia asks me as we cooked for our Thanksgiving dinner.

"Yeah, of course."

"I'm so glad I have someone to do this with now. The boys would never help unless I told them to do it."

I laugh, "That sounds like your boys."

"What sounds like us?" Christian asks as he walks in with his brothers.

"Nothing," she tells him as I start mixing the salad.

He looks over my shoulder, reaching for a piece of pasta. I watch him eat it, "Is it good?"

"Very."

I go back to cutting up the fruit that I was working on for the dessert. Christian stands behind me, putting his hands on my hips. "You're just repping Wisconsin today, aren't you?" he says noticing what I'm wearing. Which happens to be a Bucks t-shirt and Brewer shorts. I haven't changed just yet because we're cooking and I figured it'd get a little messy.

"Don't hate on it."

"I'm not."

He takes a couple of strawberries from the pile I've created. "Wow, those are tart." Karma for taking the food.

"Then I wouldn't take a raspberry. Learned that a little bit ago."

"What are you making?"

"A berry cheesecake that your mom saw on Pinterest and we had to make it."

"Sounds really good."

"Boys, get out of the kitchen. We'll call you in when it's ready."

Christian laughs quietly and watches as his brothers leave. "Christian, you too," Alecia says as he didn't leave. I try my hardest not to laugh but am not successful.

"But, mom."

"Nope. Get out. Let us cook."

"Fine." He kisses me quickly before walking into the living room where his brothers sat on the couch watching the football games that were happening.

"Aren't you glad you just had your sister growing up?"

"Very much. I was out of the house five years after my brother was born so I didn't really grow up with boys."

"They're a handful sometimes."

"Mom, we can hear you."

We both laugh, "See what I mean?"

I rub Christian's shoulders trying to wake him up. The boys passed out after our dinner while Alecia and I cleaned up and talked about literally everything. It's so incredibly easy to talk to her. I never got that so I'm glad I have it now.

He looks up at me with a sleepy smile and stretches out. "Do you wanna head home?"

"Yeah, we can head out."

He stands up and goes into the kitchen while I get my shoes on. I follow him after getting my boots on. "Luna, thanks for helping. I really enjoyed it," Alecia tells me as she comes up to hug me.

"I had a lot of fun so it's no problem."

She hugs me again. I savor every single one of these hugs. I'm normally not a hugger but she has the mothering instinct to have such good hugs.

"Are we on for Christmas?"

"For sure."

"Good because the boys won't help me."