All Mine

Christian~

I pass the ball back to Travis as we stood out on the field. They're allowing me to do minimal exercise after I've been on a no-exercise/baseball stint. I may not be off IL, but I'm just happy to be doing something again. I hate not doing anything so it's better than nothing.

We made it to LA a couple of days ago and are in the middle of a four-game series. "Oh look it's your favorite person," he says as I catch the ball. I turn expecting to see Luna but that's not who I see going into the batting cages. I realize there was some slight sarcasm in his voice once I see Corey.

"Very funny."

"You show her the house?"

"Dude, are you trying to make him more jealous?"

"I just find it funny."

I laugh, "Yeah, I did. I think she was skeptical at first, but once it's done, we're moving in. I think she's really excited now. I am so pumped to move in."

"Making moves, Yeli. Proud of you."

"Took me long enough, didn't it?"

"Yeah. You've been talking about this since September."

"And didn't do anything until January."

"Still got it done. How long do you think you'll be out?"

I sigh, "Probably this series and the next one. I want them to let me start hitting bp. My back is getting better though. I'm not waking up in much pain. It'll get there."

"How's she handling it?"

"She gets me anything I need. Literally anything," I say walking closer to him so Corey doesn't hear this next part. "I'm marrying that girl and I don't care what anybody thinks."

He has such a big ass grin on his face. "You better get on that."

"Don't you worry, I am."

We walk back to the dugout and I head back into the clubhouse to wait for the game to about start. And I just need a break from throwing around. I pass Luna as she makes her way out. She looks stressed possibly. Maybe it's not that. Maybe I won't go sit down in there.

I grab the bottle of water sitting in my locker before going back out there. I go back out to the dugout and find her setting up the iPads at the back of the dugout. "Hey, how are you?" I ask standing behind her.

"Great."

"Are you sure?"

"My sister just called me and then I started crying and if I tell you what she said I'll probably start crying again and I have to go on in less than five minutes. So I'm going to tell you later."

"As long as you're okay."

"Yeah."

"Couns, you still let them do this?" We both turn and see Ryan standing there looking at us.

"Dude! You didn't tell me you were coming."

"Wanted to see you guys play out here instead of just Milwaukee. The whole family is here too."

"We'll see you after the game?"

"Yeah, sure."

"I gotta go," Luna says scooting past me.

"I would tell you to write up some questions for me, but, you know, I can't play."

"I still think of some." She looks back at me with a smirky grin.

I turn back to Ryan and he's standing right behind me. "You are wrapped around that girl's finger."

"I know. I'm more than okay with it."