Captain Obvious

Luna~

37 weeks pregnant and still no signs of this baby coming early. We're both growing impatient. We've been in Scottsdale for the past week and a half. I think I've folded and refolded their clothes about three times just this week. I don't know if that's normal or if it's a mechanism to keep me busy.

I sit down in the rocking chair after organizing the dresser yet again. "Taking a break?" Christian asks me as I looked at some of the books from our families.

I look up, "Yeah."

"Come downstairs with me."

I hold my hand out for him to help me stand up. "What are you doing?" I ask we head downstairs.

"Just lounging. I got lonely."

Once we get down there, I notice he's basically set up for a movie. The curtains and blinds shut. The smell of homemade popcorn. "You sure you just got lonely?"

"Okay, maybe I wanted to watch a movie with my wife."

I sit down at the corner of the couch so my back is more supported, "You know I'll probably end up falling asleep, right?"

"I figured you would." Not sure if I should be glad he knew that or take some sort of offense to that.

He sets the popcorn down in front of me and then sits down next to me, having me turn so my legs are across his lap. "How have you felt today?"

I shrug, "As normal as I should feel."

Christian leans forward and gets the bowl of popcorn for us. Knowing my body, I'll most likely be out within an hour of whatever movie he has playing.

38 weeks
Alecia and I sit at the dining room table as we look over our baby books. Alecia had brought Christian's with and I brought mine so we could sit down and look at them together.

"Did you guys have a 3D ultrasound?" Alecia asks me.

"Yeah, after I fell they were able to do it then."

"Do you have it?"

I go to stand up but Christian beats me to it, "I got it. Sit down."

He gets the pictures from the side of the fridge and hands them to his mom. "How far along were these taken?"

"26 weeks, I think. We weren't supposed to go in for a couple of weeks but since I fell, we both needed that reassurance that everything was okay."

I continue to page through Christian's baby book and do nothing but smile at these pictures. "You were a cute baby."

"Luna, they look just like you."

"Mom, I already tried telling her that."

I roll my eyes at him, "I don't see it at all."

"I think it's the nose that really stands out." She hands me the sonograms and I look at them again. I really don't see it. To me, our baby looks exactly like Christian. I can sort of pick out the nose but that's about it.

I shut the book, "I'm going to go keep myself busy," I tell them.

"Doing what?"

"I'm not sure yet. I know I'll find something.

I walk upstairs into the nursery to figure out something to do. There's a lot to do but I just don't really know what to do. Besides organizing clothing and baby essentials, there's not much left to be done. Some days I'll like how I organized one thing and then hate it the next prompting me to reorganize again.