Bye

Christian~

"Morning, did you sleep down here?" I ask Trin with the rasp still prominent in my voice.

She nods, "Yeah, I didn't want her coming down here alone and needing one of us. Is she still sleeping?"

"Yeah, she's out. Probably will be for a few hours."

"Well, that's fine because she needs it."

"Yeah. Trin, when is she going to catch a break?"

She sighs, "I wish I could tell you."

A few hours have passed and I've eaten breakfast, worked out, showered, and have started to make lunch before we both hear small footsteps upstairs. I look at Trin and nod her upstairs, "Go. She'll need you more than she needs me."

She lays a hand on my arm and smiles. She walks away and heads upstairs. I'm just going to give her some space. I'm sure she's feeling everything right now. I pull out my phone to text Cody since he wanted an update if we had one.

Me: She just woke up. Not sure what today entails, but Trin is talking to her right now
Cody: Just keep me updated. I get to deal with the stupid one today
Me: Haha. Have fun with that

I look up at the clock and basically watch the seconds go by. By doing that, time is going by slower and slower. I lean down on the counter and just wait for Trin to come down. It'd be better if they both came down, but I'm not sure Luna's up for that just yet.

Heavy footsteps come down the stairs and I perk up from my phone. Trin sighs, "Fair warning, she's in a mood. A stubborn, sassy one, too. But, she's coming down, so, progress."

"Okay, that's great to hear."

"I'm going to step outside to see if she will talk to you some more. I couldn't get much out of her."

I nod and she takes her laptop outside with her. I don't take my eyes off the stairs and soon see Luna coming down. "Morning," I say as she gets closer to me even though it's not morning, at all.

"Morning." I can hear the tone in her voice is not the same as it normally is. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"No. I'm just going to eat a granola bar."

"Where are you going?" I ask as she opens the back door. "Going on a run. Just need to clear my head."

"Okay, do you have water?"

She shakes her head and tries to leave, "Please take one." I don't look for an answer but I grab one from the fridge and toss it to her. "Thank you," she says quietly and shuts the door behind her. I wait until I think she's made it down on the beach before I go outside.

"Anything?"

I shake my head, "No."

"I love her but my god is she stubborn."

I laugh and lean against the railing as I watch her run down the shore. She'll probably do a few down and backs before coming back in.

"Is she ever going to talk to us about this? Because I don't even know what I'm feeling. Like, I want to be pissed but I also want to be thankful she didn't cave in."

"She'll talk when she's ready. We can't push her."

"I know. But, the more this sits in me, the more angry and confused I'm getting. You know it just doesn't make sense."

"Corey has done some questionable things over the past eight months. You have a right to be mad and confused. I'm sure that's what she's feeling too."