I Already Pushed It

Luna~

Walking into Miller Park, I go through security before starting to walk the tunnels of the stadium until I find the business office. I go up to a lady sitting behind a desk, "Hi, I'm new. I spoke to Carrie about a week ago about the on-field reporter job.."

"One second, I will tell her you're here."

I take a step back and nod as she goes to her phone. She talks for a bit before putting her phone down, "She'll be right out."

"Thank you."

Soon a short, brunette walks out from behind the desk, "Hi, Luna, right?"

"Yes. Hi."

"I am so glad you're here. How was getting here? Easy enough? Have you gotten settled?"

"Yeah, my sister came and got me from the airport and got me settled into my apartment. I've really been enjoying my time back here."

"That is amazing. So glad you are adjusting well. So, let's go take your picture for your badge just to get you into the building and then onto the field and in the press room too. Right this way." We walk into a small office space that looks like could be her office, but I'm not too sure.

She quickly takes my picture, "Okay, I will get that to you by the end of the day. So, Sophia is actually here for her last day and is going to take you through everything. She should be here shortly. I believe she will introduce you to your cameraman, do a tour of the tunnels, a quick walk-through of where you will be on the field, and just anything else you might have questions about."

"Okay, awesome. Thank you."

"Oh, there she is! Congrats on the new job! I can tell you will fit in just fine."

I smile, "Thank you," before walking over to Sophia as she stands near the doorway.

"Hi! Luna, right?" she asks me, very excited to see me.

"Yes!"

"Well, you can follow me and I will start telling you about everything about this job." She is already so nice and so sweet.

"I am so glad you will be taking over my position. I've seen some of your broadcasts back in LA and you are a natural. I was so impressed since you're so young and just know your way around."

"Oh, thank you. I am so excited to be back here and working with one of my favorite teams."

"Yes, of course! Okay, so this is the clubhouse where the players get ready and go out to the field. We can go in there, we just have to warn them that you're coming in sometimes. Over there to your left is the athletic trainer's room. Out in the tunnels, if you kept going straight and to your right will be the press conference room. Anyway, heading out to the field, this door heads straight to the dugout. Personally, I try to stay out of there as best as possible. I walk in and walk onto the field to stay out of their way."

We walk onto the field and she takes me over to her small booth that's to the side of the dugout.

"Okay, so this is Sam, who will be your cameraman. Sam, is a wonder behind the camera. He will handle the equipment most nights, and also just follow you around. He will be your right-hand man every single night. Sam, this is Luna, she will be starting tomorrow!"

"Hey, super excited to have you with us. I've heard great things from Sophia. I am very pumped to be working with you," he says, holding out his hand.

I shake his hand, "I am excited to start working! It was nice to meet you." We let him get back to work and we walk back toward the dugout but stop in the middle and watch the guys as they field some balls and also take some bp.