Proud

Luna~

Waking up on my own, I scoot out of Christian's grasp and grab Sienna as I noticed she was up. She rarely screams or cries unless she urgently needs something.

She stretches as I take her out of the swaddle. I quietly leave our room and head downstairs. "Should we make dad breakfast? I think we should."

I gather a few essentials on the island before settling down and feeding her quickly. I think I've gotten it figured out, for the most part. I definitely don't deny any help from anyone because help is always nice.

Once I think she's done, I put the swing on the counter so she can watch me and I can keep an eye on her while I make breakfast. I start playing some somber music to fill the void of silence.

I plate the strips of bacon and move on to making some eggs. I look over at Sienna as she looks at her surroundings.

I plate the rest of the food and wait for Christian to come downstairs. He shouldn't be too long considering he normally will wake up when I'm not in bed. I put our food in the oven to keep it warm and give my full attention to Sienna. I think I'm really figuring this whole being a mom thing out. It helps that she's been pretty easy and the fact that we are in the off-season. I don't think I would've wanted to figure it out on my own if she were to be born during the season.

She's a month as of yesterday, also meaning that today is Christian and I's anniversary. It's just crazy what a year can bring you. Marriage, another World Series, and a beautiful baby. January 13th, a year ago today, I married my best friend and I couldn't have made a better decision. I also can't believe my baby is a month old. She's grown so much in the past month and is developing her own personality. Much of which really resembles me, which I can't tell if it's a good thing. Two stubborn and sassy girls in the house. Yeah, Christian's in for it.

"Morning," Christian says coming down the stairs.

Sienna's face lights up and she tries to turn her head. "Who's that? Is that your dad?"

He walks around the island to us and I watch Sienna follow him as he stands next to me. "Morning," I say, reaching up to hug him.

He holds me tight, "Happy anniversary," I say quietly.

I can feel him smile against my neck, "Thought you'd forget."

I gasp, "Never. One of the best days of my life."

He kisses me, "I love you."

I grin, "I love you too."

Sienna fusses a bit probably because we aren't paying attention to her. "Oh, what's the matter?"

"She's definitely your kid," he says, laughing as he picks her up from the swing.

"She knows what she wants," I say shrugging and putting on an oven mit to take out our food.

"Did you make breakfast?"

"Yeah, I figured I could do a little something for our anniversary because we most likely won't do anything later."

"We can figure something out or we can stay in as a family."

"I like that idea."

"I figured you'd like that one better."

I shrug, "We're homebodies and you know it."

"Yeah, we are."

He holds her up against him while we eat. "You have any plans today?" I ask him.

"Might go work out. Cody wants me to go with him. I can't think of anything else. Why? Are you busy?"

"Not really. I have to talk to David to see if I can extend my leave until Opening Day."