Everybody Knows Now

Luna~

Game time. They got this in the bag, right? I watch as Christian and Lo mess around in the outfield before the game starts. Those two are like two little kids when they're together.

"Look at them," I say pointing toward the outfield.

"I'm gonna miss them playing together."

"It'll be weird."

"Yeah, definitely."

Christian jogs out to left field and looks around the stadium before turning back toward the batter's box. "I think they're gonna do it," Sam says quietly as Freddy delivers the first pitch right down the middle.

I mark it down in my notepad, "Yeah?"

"Yeah. What you said Tuesday night about figuring their shit out and not letting it get to their heads. I think that really helped them. They're already amazing as it is. But, I think it really helped them actually realize that they're good enough to be in this position."

"A lot of them have told me that they appreciated my little impromptu speech I gave."

"You see the best in them."

"Because I know what they're capable of. I know what he," I point out to Christian, "is capable of."

"He's capable of a lot of things."

"That's for sure." And not just baseball-wise.

Freddy struck him out while we were talking and continued with the lineup. I look down at my phone to see a few texts.

Cody: *attachment*
Cody: Look how happy you look. You don't understand how happy I am for you :)

I open the picture and see me and Christian standing near the dugout from today's game. He's got his arm around me as he showed me something on his phone. I'm just smiling away at whatever he was showing me. I do look really happy.

Me: You're here?
Cody: Yeah! Look behind you

I turn around and see him and my family waving at me. Christian's mom and brothers are next to my sister. Well, I guess our families have met. I thought Cody was going out to Boston instead to see us. He obviously must've come back to see us.

I wave back at them and turn around to the field. "Who was that?"

"Cody and my family."

"He came out?"

"Yeah, I guess. He told me he was going to come to a game in Boston but now he's here which is even better."

My right heel taps rapidly on the concrete as we are just six outs away from being World Series Champions. Six whole outs. Peralta was incredible, again with 8 K's. We're up 7-3. They are doing something so incredible, I'm having trouble coming up with words to say.

I watch them all jog to their respective spots on the field and take it all in. We got Williams for the eighth and most likely Hader for the ninth. I'd like to believe that those two will bring it home and get us the win. But, I can't get ahead of myself.

I stand up from my chair and notice about every person is standing up from their seat. These fans deserve this. If we do win, I already know I'm going to have a long night. But a long night I would be perfectly okay with. But then again, are they really going to want to do a bunch of interviews after they actually won? Probably not. I think we're going to try and schedule a whole media day just so the guys can come in before they actually go back home.