Dad Strength

A/N: I've been editing and updating Forever just because I was rereading some parts and saw some mistakes; grammar, missing words, weird punctuation, etc. I'll probably start doing the same with this one too, once it's done. Also, I am not saying this book is ending soon, probably 15 or more chapters, I don't know yet but it is not ending soon. I've still got some ideas in the works!

However, I was wondering what y'all wanted to see from me. I really enjoy writing. It kind of takes all the crazy out of my life. I don't have any ideas flowing through my head just yet, but if you guys did, feel free to let me know. As I said, I enjoy writing and it's really nice to fall back on when I have too much homework or just need a break from reality. I feel like I've covered all ends of the spectrum, however, I wanted to know what you guys thought too! I can do more sports-related things, although, I think it'd be harder for me to come up with things, not about baseball/volleyball. I don't know. I just want your ideas too. Also, Forever has almost 41K reads and I'm just so thankful. 🥺 I appreciate all of you!🤍

Okay, back to the story. :)

Luna~

"Should we go surprise dad at work? I think we should," I say to Sienna as I get her dressed in a Yelich onesie.

"Everyone's going to be so excited to meet you. I bet you're gonna be tired tonight and hopefully, you can let mommy sleep. It would be greatly appreciated if you did." I'm pretty sure I slept a total of four hours last night. So, that's fun.

I give her one of her many pacifiers to give her something to do while I pack the diaper bag with a couple of extra sets of clothes.

She's finally growing more and more each week. She's at the point of moving into bigger clothing because she is gaining more weight and looking less like a newborn.

"Are you ready sweetie? Let's go see daddy." I squat down and pick her up from the playmat and head downstairs to my car. I kiss the top of her head before buckling her into her car seat.

I drive to the spring training complex and find a relatively close parking spot before finding my badge in the center console.

"Let's go find daddy. How does that sound?" Her smile is contagious as her pacifier falls out of her mouth.

I get the backpack on and get the car seat out of the car seat base and set it on the ground while I grab a few things that fell on the floor of my car. I grab the car seat and give her one of the toys that fell and tuck it by her.

I scan my badge once I get to one of the doors and it lets me in. "Should we go to momma's office? See if Sophia and Sam are here yet? Yeah? Okay, let's go." I really don't know why I think she'll talk back to me yet. Honestly, she's just here for the ride.

"Knock, knock," I say as I enter what would be my office but is essentially Sophia's as of right now.

She looks up from her screen and smiles, "Hey! I didn't know you were coming in."

"We just wanted to stop by and see everyone."

She comes around the desk and smiles, "Well, aren't you just the cutest little thing. Can I?"

"Yeah, of course, go ahead." She unbuckles Sienna from her car seat and picks her up.

"Hey, do you mind if I keep this in here while I'm here?" I ask referring to the car seat.

"Girl, it's your office, of course, you can."

I tuck the car seat in the corner and but grab her blanket to keep with me. "She's beautiful and I love her name."