What Are You Gonna Do With Me?

Luna~

"It's been incredible. We're really on a September push. Coming into September with 80 wins is an amazing feeling. They've fought through a lot of diversity this year," Couns tells us all. I use my knee as a platform to write all of that down.

"I'm proud of them. I really am," he adds.

"You mentioned a lot of diversity just now. Just to clarify, is that being all injury-related? The constant moves of bringing guys up from Triple-A," I say wanting more clarification before I go on later.

"Yeah. I feel like we've used a lot of guys this season. Every single one of them has shown up in different ways this season. It doesn't get said often, but the guys putting the work in down in Nashville, are a great group of guys. I wish rosters could be expanded more to just 28. They've helped us a lot this year. We owe a lot of our wins to them. We've got a great system at the front office that is also helping us win. We're winning because we have such a great group of guys that push each other to be their absolute on and off the field."

I back out of the group gathering around Craig as he sat on the backbench. I got what I needed and I can get more later.

"There's our favorite reporter," Travis says, getting my attention as I finished up some of what Craig was saying.

I look over at him and some of the guys and smile, "Boys, how are you?"

"Great. We got a good atmosphere in here tonight. You hanging in there?"

"Oh, yeah, doing great," I say as a wave of lightheadedness comes about me. Okay, maybe not right now.

"You sure?" Travis asks me, grabbing the back of my arm so I don't fall over.

I unintentionally buckle my knee to keep myself from falling but that probably wasn't the best idea. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He doesn't believe me one bit. "Travis, I promise I am fine."

He lets go of my arm and I continue up the dugout stairs, even though I'm still incredibly dizzy.

I must've missed one of the steps, causing me to drop my stuff, and brace for the ground. I use my knees in defense to keep my stomach from hitting the ground. Shit. Both of my knees hit the ground and an immediate shooting pain goes straight through my right knee. I'd rather it be my knees than my stomach right now.

"Someone go get Christian," Travis yells even though it's like I can barely hear him. I feel like everything is moving in slow motion.

Travis and a few of the other guys get me to sit on one of the steps as I hold my knee in agony.

I look up in time to see Christian running down the hallway with a few other guys behind him. "Someone want to tell me what happened?" he asks, moving past everyone.

I'm still trying to catch my breath as I keep holding my knee, not even caring that it's definitely bleeding.

He crouches down to my level, "Are you okay?"

I don't answer him because I can't. I'm way too focused on my baby to answer any questions. I could've really just messed everything up.

"She was talking to Couns before she came over to us. I noticed she didn't look like herself. Almost as if she was dizzy. I tried to stabilize her but she said she was fine so I let go. I think she missed a stair," Travis tells him.

"Can you stand?"

I shake my head, "I don't know."

It's like I don't remember falling just now. I know it happened. But I can't remember if my stomach hit the ground. If it did, I could've just ruined our chance to hold who would've been our healthy, perfect, beautiful baby.