The Unwritten Rule

Luna~

I pull my suitcase behind me as we walk into the park. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do for the time being but I wasn't going to sit at home in bed all day. I was fine when we left and now am beginning to be quiet and tense. "Where do you want to sit and watch?"

"I don't know. I'll probably sit in the clubhouse."

"You can probably sit in the dugout."

"I don't want to be in the way."

"Stop. You're not going to be in the way. You're sitting out there with us."

"Okay, fine." I push my bag up against his locker and he does the same with his. Some of the guys come up and hug me as they noticed I was there. "I'm gonna go for a walk."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No," I quickly say, "I'm just going to go walk around."

I kiss him quickly before heading out. I walk down to my office. I don't know if I should be going down here but I'll have to go back in at some point. The door still open and the lights are still on.

I walk in and look around, still not believing what happened. I walk around, noticing everything is still in its place. Nothing has been touched. I lean against the wall, sliding down as I look around. I face the wall where everything occurred. It's eerie in here. I feel like I'm not supposed to be in here. It's not like it was taped off and I couldn't enter. It's just weird.

"Oh, hey, I didn't know you'd be here," a soft, high-pitched voice says. A familiar voice though. I look up and see Sophia standing there. "Hey."

"Are you working?"

"No. I just wanted to take a walk and ended up down here. I hope you don't mind."

"Girl, this is your office. I don't mind that you're in here."

Right. This is my office. I lean my head against the wall and look up at the ceiling. "Do you mind me asking what happened?"

"They didn't tell you? I mean, I don't care."

"Well, I got a little bit from the guys. They didn't want to intrude on your business."

"Adam's intern that started in February had been giving me a lot of trouble from the start. We didn't work well together, ever. He's very arrogant and disrespectful. He had me doing his work pretty much from the start. I don't think he ever liked the idea of Christian and me. Which I don't see why it matters. He did this to me," I say showing her my hand. I don't really want to go into detail so I'll let her imagine what happened.

"Oh my."

"Yeah."

"And he's gone, right?"

"From what I know, he's on administrative leave. He won't be coming back. But because I got hurt, they have to do a bunch of things in HR."

"I'm sure. I'm glad you're okay though."

"Yeah, me too."

She looks up and smiles, pointing over to the door. I look over and see Christian leaning against the door frame. I stand up, walking over to him.

"Luna, are you going back tomorrow?" she asks as we start to walk out.

"I haven't told them anything yet. I'm going with, I just don't know yet."

"I wasn't sure. They asked me to pack a bag but I didn't know if you'd be coming back."

"It'd be great to have you with us."