Eye Candy

Christian~

"Hey, twenty-two!" I hear as I start walking back into the dugout after I about got Gatorade dumped on me after I may have or may have not hit a walk-off double into deep left field. I turn around to see Luna standing there with a big smile on her face. I walk back over to her already knowing why she had me come over. I stand by her side and wait until she starts talking.

"How many times do you planning on doing that this season?"

"As many as I can," I laugh, "Walking off Opening Day is such a cool feeling. We're starting the season off right. We all feel really good so far."

"And what did you think of Brandon Woodruff's incredible start."

"The dude was dealing today. I'm just glad I don't have to hit off of him. He was insane today and has been for the past couple of years. He has nasty stuff that I don't want to hit. A couple of unlucky hits that snuck through got us but we came back and won it. I'm happy we were able to pull off a win for him."

"Around 46,000 fans were in the stadium today. Standing room only for the most part. Did it seem like more?"

"Honestly, it's just nice to see fans in big numbers here. Our fans are second to none if you ask me. They're incredible. Winning the World Series definitely had to contribute to that, but they're loyal so I think a lot of them today were here because of that."

"And we had some big at-bats today. Yours included. But Avi had an 11-pitch at-bat against Keller. Going into at-bats like that, what are you thinking the next time you're up?"

"I feel like we're all warriors up at the plate. We know how to work through a full count even when it goes on forever. Some people get lucky when they get a hit. And some don't when a ball is called a strike. It really depends on your swing that day and how well you're reading the ball. I think we all did a great job reading the ball today and didn't have that many instances where we were caught looking or struck out swinging on pitches."

"You guys did great today. Congrats Christian on another walk-off win today."

I smile and nod, "Thank you."

I run my fingers through my hair trying to fix it as it was under my helmet and got messed up. I'm probably going to have to do more media stuff later. Yay. I'm fine with being with Luna because she doesn't ask stupid questions. They're generally good questions that the others don't think of.

I change into some shorts and keep on my compression shirt before heading in to answer whatever questions. I go ahead and sit down on the chair presented in the front of the room. I spot Luna in the way back leaning up against the wall. She smiles as she sees me.

They wait a bit until they're ready and I sit there waiting until they finally look toward me. I notice Carson has a front-row seat right in front of me. I've started not to like him either. I just have a bad feeling about him. "Christian, first walk-off of the year. First win of the season. Congrats. How's everything feeling?" Adam asks being a total class act, like always.

"Everything feels great. I'm glad to be back out here and playing in Milwaukee. I feel like this past off-season has been very long. Personal reasons aside, I'm just glad to be back out here."

"Christian, how is relearning first base?" Carson asks me. Why does that matter? I'm not even playing there. And probably won't.

I look back at Luna and she shakes her head making me smile but I try not to react to that. "I haven't done any training since a couple of weeks ago in Phoenix. There's no need for me to do so. If they need me, they have to go down the line before they get to me. It's such a small chance that I don't need to be doing drills over at first base every day."