.25 A STRANGER IN THE DISTANCE

Jin's POV
March 20

Working at Logan's Wood shop has been not only tiring but empowering. I got my first pay with my name titled for all the hard work and I never felt better. People would think a prince working will be a laughing stock but no...it's a man thing to grind hard for what you have earned and what your building towards.

I was currently throwing the axe around my sweaty body making the trunk split in two. I blew air out my mouth to relieve my tiredness then repeated the steady pace.

"Mam women are not allowed back here it's very dangerous." I heard my boss faded voice from a distance.

"Ooo weeeee...that woman is something eles." My favorite co worker Wallace said beside me looking towards the voice.

I slightly chuckled without looking and continued to work. "Oh yeah? I thought you had a woman?"

"Nahhhh that's old news. But that brown beauty over there is surly my type." He waved the thought of his ex off.

I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry sir I just wanted to visit someone here. I have his lunch made." The familiar soft voice said making me stop in my tracks.

I turned my head and saw Lilly with a brown bag in her hand and her purse in the other. She had a chocolate brown dress on and her hair in her signature curly bun.

"IT'S OKAY EARL!" I yelled from a distance as I watched them both look at me. "SHES FOR ME!"

I watched her smile at the sight of me and I dropped my axe and we started to walk towards each other meeting half way. Around me I watched men look at us weirdly and some even looked jealously. I pulled my uniform shirt up exposing my lower abs and wiped the sweat and some dirt off me.

"So this is your workplace huh?" She excitedly looked around then locking eyes with me.

"It is...what are you doing here? I thought your job is far from mine."

Lilly nodded. "It is but I couldn't let you not have lunch today."

She placed the brown bag in my hands and the smell of hot gumbo filled my nose. I can tell she made it fresh. I grabbed her hand and slightly pulled her in and kissed her lips.

"Your an amazing woman. Thank you." I said inches apart from her face.

"JIN THIS ISNT MAKEOUT TIME GET BACK TO WORK." My bosses yelled from a distance.

I rolled my eyes and heard laughter from the other men at my reaction.

"See you in a couple of hours?" I asked with a smile.

"I actually have to stay a little late at the shop I'm hand making a dress for a bridal shower. Just 4 extra hours." She said exhaling deeply.

I started to dig in my pocket. "Hold on I'll give you money towards the trolly."

She stopped my hands from digging. "It's okay jin remember I got paid too remember."

"I know baby I just want to make sure you have more than enough...emergency money." I said once again digging in my pockets.

She grabbed my wrist making me drop the coins in my pocket and intertwined our fingers together. "I'll be fine I promise."