Animal Control: Give me your parents' number.

Ryder stood quiet for a minute. He wasn't sure if he should give his parents' number. If Ryder's parents were to find out about this whole thing, they would kill him for sure.
"They probably already know about everything. They had to see it on the news" Ryder thought.

Ryder: Here's my father's number.

Ryder gave the number.

Ryder: Don't put my pup down. I'm coming for him soon.

Animal Control: I'll discuss this with your parents.

Ryder: I don't care what you discuss, just don't put my pup down!

Animal Control then hung up the call.

Ryder: Hello?

Ryder looked at the phone. "Great" Ryder said. "What did they say?" Tony asked. "The lady said she would discuss this situation with my father but when I told her not to put my pup down, she just hung up" Ryder explained.
"I hope you get your pup back" Tony said. "I'm gonna call your parents and let them know that I'm taking you to the hospital".

"Why would you do that? That's only gonna make things worse for me" Ryder said. "But your parents must be really worried" Tony said. "Fine" Ryder said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder's father and mother were getting really worried and stressed out. "That news was crazy" Jessie said, which is Ryder's mother. "Not only was it crazy, but it has to do with Chase. And Chase is Ryder's pup which means Ryder must be involved with this whole thing" James said, his brown eyes filled with stress.

"He has to be involved, he's not answering our calls" Jessie said. "How about we call his friends' parents? Maybe they know what happened?" James suggested.
"Good idea, I'll call Oliver's mother" Jessie said.
While Jessie ringed Oliver's mother, James called Avery's father.

Jessie: Hello, how are you?

Oliver's mother: Hi Jessie, I'm great. What about you?

Jessie: I'm not great at all. Ryder left the house at 12:00pmto take Chase on a walk and he hasn't returned since then. He hasn't been answering my calls nor James'.

Oliver's mother: I know earlier that Ryder called my son and asked him if he had seen Chase. Oliver told him that he hadn't seen him and Ryder said he was going to search for him. But that was before that crazy news came out.

Jessie: Oh my, I better tell James. This is horrible.

Oliver's mother: Crazy things started happening as soon as Ryder got that pup. Did Ryder tell you that Chase was chosen by Lightening Bolt to take his place in the race yesterday?

Jessie: Nope, when he came back home, Ryder just said that Lightening Bolt had won the race. But today, James had read the newspaper and told me what really happened at the race yesterday.

Oliver's mother: Well, you better find that wild son of your's. *giggles lightly*

Jessie: If I find out that he's up to something crazy, this will be his last time going out.

Oliver's mother: I hope you find him safe and sound. I have to go now.

Jessie: Thank you for the information, bye.

Oliver's mother: No problem, bye.

"James, Oliver's mother told me that Ryder called Oliver earlier and asked if he had seen Chase. But Oliver said he hadn't so Ryder said he was gonna look for him" Jessie explained.
Before James could say something, his phone started ringing. "Animal Control?" he said, raising an eyebrow.