Hear, Listen, Take it in.

Start from the beginning

I know I have tears in my eyes because my vision is now very blurry, my bottom lip is quivering and even though my breathing is steady it is shaky. Wanda removes one of her hands from mine to use the pad of her thumb to wipe at the bottom of my eyes to help the tears to fall. When I blink away the rest, Wanda's hand moves to cup my cheek wiping some of the tears from my skin. She has what seems to be a proud smile on her face, it's not big and wide it's subtle and her eyes have this extra emotion I can't quite read. 

"I hear you." It's the first words to leave my mouth and she presses her lips together still smiling slightly as she looks at me like I am the most precious thing in the universe.

"Do you believe me when I say those words?" I hesitate for just a second, but Wanda allows me to take that moment's hesitation to recollect my feelings and thoughts and there is only one word that I can see floating around in my own head.

"Yes."

A knock at the door brings us out of our little bubble, my head turns to look through the small pane of glass to see who it was. Natasha is on the other side, with a guilty look on her face. Why is she guilty? When our eyes meet through the glass I smile at her waving for her to come inside but her expression doesn't change. The door opens and closes slowly, Natasha's head bowed to look at her hands as they fiddle with the ends of her sleeves. I look back at Wanda with confusion written on my face, but all she does is give me a small smile and shuffle to the left side of the bed so I can join her in sitting up against it. 

Natasha stays standing by the door, I think her eyes are red and puffy but it's hard to tell when she isn't actually looking at me. I feel Wanda's hand come to rest on the back of my neck as she plays with the baby hairs, also remaining silent. 

"I'm sorry." The words leave Natasha's lips with a sigh, my brows furrow as I tilt my head in question but her eyes stay trained to the ground.

"Is the floor really more interesting than me?" Natasha huffs out a laugh as she brings her head up but her eyes don't follow her movements. "Natasha...Nat...what's wrong? Why are you apologising to me?" 

"I scared you." My face scrunches in complete confusion turning to Wanda to see if she knows, but she simply nods her head towards Natasha telling me it's between me and her. Great guess I have to figure this one out.

"How did you scare me?" I ask gently, my voice level so she knows I have no anger towards her.

"You flinched." Another sigh escapes her lips. "Twice actually. Both times because of me."

"That wasn't on you Natasha. You did nothing wrong. It's my fucked up brain that reacted." I tap my head a couple of times to get my point across, but before Natasha can say anything we are interrupted.

"Okay I was going to let you talk it out but your brain is not fucked up, it has been fucked with and now you are dealing with it. There is a difference." Wanda glares at me, hating how I talk about myself. 

"What do you mean it's been fucked with?" Natasha is now looking at me, the guilt look almost gone and replaced with worry. Meanwhile my eyes dart between Natasha and Wanda.

"You...you didn't tell her?" My mouth agape with shock.

"It's not my story to tell. I did tell her not to come barging in here and to try and keep her movements not so...aggressive I guess." I'm speechless, blinking back a few tears. I don't know why I am getting emotional. "Baby, do you want me to give you some time with Natasha?" 

"Do you mind?" I can't comprehend how Wanda knows what I need, but also has so much care about her that she doesn't tell her best friend all my dirty little secrets, the skeletons in my closet if you will, the moment she can. She didn't tell Natasha. She really cares, I mean I knew that but she actually truly cares about my feelings. My emotions. My fucked up brain, no, my trauma. And I trust her with my life with that information. I'm brought out of my thoughts by a kiss on my cheek.