Chapter 19

A/N Welcome back to President Perfect, just to be clear last chapter was in fact a joke, we needed some humour to lighten the emotional crap before I did this :) 

I had this song on repeat whilst reading and writing this chapter and I feel it gives the vibe I like for this chapter, not so much the lyrics but the like beat is cool, you don't have to listen to it but like it there's if you want it :)) 

Also it's kinda a long chapter so feel free to take breaks when needed x 

TW/ Self harm mentions, Drunk mentions, Abuse mentions, Death mentions. 

LMK if I missed any x 

HAPPY READING!! <3

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dreams POV 

A loud crash echoed up the stairway, forcing Clay to jolt from his sleep, waking in a panic before reality crept in. His mother must be home. He quickly slips a black shirt over his head before jogging down the stairs to meet the mess he knew he'd face. He stops dead in his tracks, eyes meeting his evidently drunk mother stumbling over broken glass.

"Mom!? Careful" He hurries to slightly push his mother away from the glass.

"It- *Hiccup* Was an accident" She whispers leaning back against the bench, tears pouring her face. 

"I know, don't cry I'll clean it" Clay whispers picking up the large shards of glass. 

"I'll do it!" She cries, dropping to the floor in an attempt to pick up the glass.

"NO! Mom stop, you're drunk and high and need to go sleep" Clay whispers shoving his mother out of the kitchen.

"I'm not high" She mumbles, aggressively shoving Clay away from her. 

"Your eyes are bloodshot red and don't even get me started on how dilated your pupils are, you smell like shit and need sleep and a shower" Clay's tone rises, aggression lacing each word he spat toward his so-called mother. 

"YOU DON'T GET TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO CLAY, YOU ARE 16 I'M YOUR MOTHER" She screams, pushing Clay to the floor.

"CLAY! MOM GET AWAY FROM HIM" Drista squeals throwing herself beside Clay to make sure he was ok. 

"Oh shut up Drista he's fine, Go hassle your father, he's not even here" Her eyes drunkenly blinking unevenly, her tone containing an underlying hint. 

"He's not here because your a drunk mess who hurts her kids" Drista sobs, their mother harshly launches her hand across Dristas face, a loud slap echoing through the room forcing a sob from Drista, whose hand glued to her cheek.  

"DONT YOU EVER FUCKING TOUCH HER, EVER" Clay screams pushing his mother into the wall before wrapping his arms around Drista whilst urging her back to the stairs.

"YOU'RE BOTH JUST FUCKING BRATS- BRATS YOU HEAR ME... I WISH I NEVER HAD ANY OF YOU, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE LAYING HANDS ON ME, I RAISED YOU BETTER THEN THAT" Their mother sobs, losing her breath with each remark, Tears fall from Clay's eyes whilst consoling his sister.

"Go upstairs I'll deal with her ok, promise me you won't leave your room until I get there" Clay whispers

"But she'll hurt you" Drista sobs, Clays' heart simply breaks at the fear in her eyes, the fear in the 13-year-olds eyes. 

"I'll be ok, I promise, now go" Clay whispers pushing his sister slightly who jogged up the stairs. 

"Mom you need to go to bed" Clay whispers whilst slowly guiding his half passed out and stumbling mother to her room.