Chapter 14

A/N Welcome back everyone!!

TWS: Drug mentions

Hope you enjoy the chapter!! <3

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

1 Week later (I know there's a lot of time skips but it gets repetitive without them)

His reliance on drugs died fast but that didn't stop the consistent vertigo and high pitch buzzing that consumed his brain. Nothing seemed to make sense anymore, he knew what he needed but he couldn't bring himself to risk being hurt again. That was until the dreaded day had arrived. His bank account had been drained to its last cent, his only funds remaining being his school and college funds. He had packed the small amount of things he did have into his backpack, tossing his keys onto the front desk. 

"Hope your enjoyed your stay" The older looking man working the front desk grumbled, releasing the smoke in his mouth causing George to grimace.

"Leaving so soon cutie?" An eerily familiar voice filled his ears, his neighbour who seemed around age 40 and was covered in mean looking scars and wrinkles. George and caught on to the pervy looks the man had given him throughout the weeks, each morning before school the neighbour would wait in the hotel lobby shooting creepy remarks to him until George eventually made it out of the lobby. 

"Not soon enough" George gives a short smile before rolling his eyes, storming out of the hall before the limp man could follow.  His feet mindlessly guide him through the abandoned park, kicking the pebbles whilst ignoring the streams of salt pacing his face, and as the hours passed by he had planted himself outside a small cafe, tucking his knees to his chest, finally giving up any and all hope. The sun was close to setting and he was officially homeless, he had nowhere to go, the one place he called home was miles away, and believed he hated him.

The cold temperature forced his mind into a train of thought, avoiding the thought of the cold shivers and goosebumps that surrounded his body, what did he really have left. His parents hated him, His grades were bound to fall, his mental health was crippling, his friends hated him and his entire world seemed to blur into nothing but pain and heartbreak, he could never win no matter what he did, so really, What did he have left? Himself? He was simply living to exist, and at this point, he didn't even want to exist. His mind seemed unaware of the numbness until the pain returned, his stomach twisting as his heart strangles itself with agony. Why was he here... Tears fall down his face as he tugs himself to his feet, his mind guiding him toward the small bridge that lead the passing traffic across the harsh waters below. His eyes finally meet the rough waters and large rocks that clouded the bottom. His clammy and shaking hands trembling as they grip onto the steady concrete pavements, tears falling down his face as sobs escape his mouth. Something about the rough waters seemed to calm him, allowing the several deep breaths, his mind seemed to ease at the sound of the crashing waves and rocks that tumbled through the river below. 

George we really need to talk to you... 

I'm busy I promise we can talk tomorrow

Before he could process anything his legs were leading him down a familiar route. And as he's met with the hardwood door his brain short circuits, Is this really a good idea? before he could even consider changing his mind his balled fist collides with the door, his eyes falling to the floor as his hair drips down his face.

"GEORGE?" A loud yet familiar scream pierced his ears, being pulled into a tight embrace. A loose grip on his face pulls his eyes to meet the short brunette in front of him. 

"WILBUR BRING A TOWELL NOW" Tubbo calls out, practically dragging George into the house. It was quiet and warm, family photos crowded the wall near the entry way along with flower vases on the tables. It was everything he imagined a normal home to feel like, no screaming, no unrealistic expectations and real smiles and personalities that weren't forced down into nothing. 

"Just cause Phils gone doesn't mean you can boss- oh-" Wilbur stops dead in his tracks as his eyes skim over George's hazy features. 

"Is it ok if I stay here, even just for one night until I figure out what to do?" George's voice was hardly over a whisper. 

"Yeah... Yeah, stay as long as you need" Wilbur offers a short smile before wrapping the towel around George's shoulders. 

"Jesus christ your freezing" Tubbo scoffs, pushing George in front of a small vent that blew warm air into his face. 

"WILLLLL! WHERES MY- Oh... GEORGE I'VE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT YOU!" Tommy practically screams pulling George into a tight hug. 

"Ew you're all wet" He mumbles pulling away. 

"It's.. raining" George shrugs. 

"You're staying with us?! Thats fuckin' awesome man, things are going back to normal!" Tommy's face grows with glee, George can't help but feel bad, the entire situation had hurt more people then he thought... More people cared about him then he thought. 

"Let's just keep me being here on the down-low, I already have a hard time avoiding everyone at school I don't need them knowing where I am" George whispers through several shivers.

"Right, um- Ok, I have clothes in my room that'll fit you until yours dry, I'll put them in the dryer now, follow Tommy and have a shower, you smell like a wet dog" Wilbur scoffs taking George's backpack from him, the group falling into short laughter as Tommy guides George to presumably Wilburs room. 

The night seemed to merge into one big series of trying to help George. He felt bad bringing them all into this, but they were the only ones that tried to tell him, they were the only ones he could trust. His phone was finally charging, and the boys had huddled him under uncountable amounts of blankets, forcing him to watch a series he paid no attention to. Being with the boys forced his mind to race back to the blonde he had sworn to ignore, He had finally come to the realisation that he had no clue what he wanted, part of him wanted to run back to Dream while the other part of him had no intention of risking getting hurt again. But it always comes back to one thing... They were still trying to fix what they did, they all regret what happened, so would they really do it again? Was he stupid and naieve for believing maybe it would be different this time? 

"Do you think it'll ever go back to the way it was?" Georges  eyes fall to Wilbur who's gaze was already fixated on George, both younger boys passed out around them on the large couch. 

"I've been asking myself the same thing for the past 2 weeks" George sighs, tossing his head back against the couch. 

"I'm not going to force you to do anything, but I think when your ready, if you want to, and if you let them try, they can make it up to you" Wilbur shrugs.

"I don't even care anymore, I just don't want to feel like this anymore Wil, it fucking sucks" George lets out a humourless scoff leaving a pitiful smile of Wilburs face.

"Get some sleep, you have the weekend to recover before school on Monday" 

"mhm.." Georges eyes fall heavy, for the first time in weeks he was comfortable, the strong heat from the vent had warmed his body entirely, the comfort from the boys had made him feel a form of safety he hadn't felt in months. For the first time he wasn't in a sketchy hotel with weird and terrifyingly egotistical neighbours. For the first time he was completely sober and relying on the comfort of the people he had around him. For the first time the world wasn't just an incoherit blurr of wasted time and fear of the people around him. And for the first time in weeks he fell asleep without fear or worry of the next day, he fell asleep knowing he had a roof over his head and people who cared about him. And that was all he needed to know that maybe it wasn't the end of the world. 

"I wish you came to us in the first place..." Were the last words George heard until he fell into a warm and calming sleep. 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. 

Yay George is getting help... Kinda :) 

HOW WE FEELIN BOUT THIS?---------->

Do we think the trio will keep it a secret that George is with them? 

Do we think the group will make a comeback?! 

Whats everyone's favorite show at the moment?! -------> 

MUCH LOVE AND HAPPY READING <3