Chapter 9

AN/ Enjoy calm before the storm lovelies :))

Lowkey rly like the storyline again...

I KEEP FORGETTING TO COPY N PASTE THE STUPID STAR THINGY FFS

There we go :))

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

A week latah

The week passed by slowly and uneventfully, it was Monday morning and the group sat in the courtyard, awaiting the dreaded bell that brought them to their 6 hours of boredom. They had made their way to the diner several times through the passing week, it had become their new hangout, simply falling into useless and meaningless conversation whilst joking around, they were surprised they hadn't been kicked out after the many food fights and heated arguments after a joke or two went too far. George had finally accepted that this was where he belonged, this group was his entire reason for getting up each day. Their twisted humor and annoyingly sweet banter were what kept him going each day, leading him to feel at home when his actual home was unethical and abusive.

"There's a party tonight!!" Quackity screams launching his phone in each of their faces.

"I can't my parents are home until Thursday" George gives a simple shrug, leaning into Clay's embrace whilst scrolling mindlessly through his phone.

"I'm in, Clay you're coming" Sapnap calls, Karl internally rolling his eyes knowing he'd be forced to go with them.

"No thanks, I'll sit this one out" Clay chuckles.

"No, you're going, just because I can't doesn't mean you stop living"

"But-"

DING DING DING * It's the school bell, in case you didn't catch onto that*

"End of discussion, let's get to English" George quickly stretches out his back before entwining his hand with Clays, making their way to English. It was finally the day they'd have to present their assignments, George struggled deeply with social anxiety, the thought of speaking in front of a large class of people who would laugh at any and every mistake he was bound to make scared him to a point of an inability to breath.

And As the teacher called upon himself and Clay, his heart seemed to stop before beating irregularly fast.

"George and I got the story of Othello..." The words seemed to effortlessly roll from Clay's mouth, he seemed to calm in front of everyone, it was no doubt why, he was extremely liked and handsome and not to mention actually kind of smart.

"Um..." George, on the other hand, couldn't get one word out of his mouth, his entire body seemed to freeze as everyone's gazes fell onto him. Clay seemed to catch onto Georges panic, taking the lead of the presentation

"The play is set in motion when Othello, a heroic black general in the service of Venice, appoints Cassio and not Iago as his chief lieutenant. Jealous of Othello's success and envious of Cassio, Iago plots Othello's downfall by falsely implicating Othello's wife, Desdemona, and Cassio in a love affair." The class seemed invested in each word Clay spoke, something about his claiming voice deemed to draw you into a hypnotic trance, everything he said seemed interesting even if it wasn't. His eyes fall onto George, hinting at him to read the next line, they both had to present to equal out their grade, George knew that, yet it didn't seem to override the panic in his stomach.

"But... Um... In the end, Desdemona never cheated on Othello. She loved him and remained faithful to him. Lago manipulated Othello through lies and innuendo into thinking that Desdemona was having an affair with Cassio"

The presentation continued for a few minutes, scrolling through the various images, whilst reading about their extensive knowledge of the play, disecting each and everything there was to know about the play. They knew they were bound to get a perfect grade, there was no way they wouldn't. The class applauds before the boys make their way back to their seats.

George had accepted the relationship with Clay, He didn't know what it was and quite frankly he didn't care for labels, they were attached at the hip all through school, their inability to go to the cliffside recently was weighing on both of them, they hardly ever got a chance to speak alone, the group consistently at their tails about their relationship, whilst talking through class was prohibited. George was still as big of a nerd as he was before he and Clay became something.

The Lunch bell had finally come, a double English period had drained the pair, both slowly trudging through the halls to the group who were already in some sort of argument. George had finally reached a place of peace in his mind, his life at school was completely and utterly different from his one at home. They were two different dimensions with a world of a difference between his personality. The smile never seemed to leave his face at school, which was rare, he'd usually be miserable in the gates of his hell, but it had become his safe place, a place where everyone he loved and cared about was. He was finally part of something, he finally had a home, And the familiar Vanilla scent forced the smile to re appear on his face.

"I love that George is ignoring everyone arguing and smiling, whatever your high on I want" Karl chuckles.

"I'm not high, I'm just happy I guess" George chuckles

"That's so cute" Clay chuckles, George rolls his eyes letting out a scoff before joining the new conversation about the party that night, and although George couldn't go he could still revel in the idea of his friends having a good time. Clay's arm remains protectively over George's shoulder.

"I'M HAVING A PARTY ON FRIDAY!" Quackity calls out

"Karl and I are in!" Sapnap calls out, Karl simply nodding his head.

"Were in!" Wil calls out, Tommy and Tubbo too focused on their phones.

"I'm in, George!" Clay asks quirking a brow.

"Sure my parents are gone by then" George shrugs Clay's eyes widening.

"YES!!! LET'S GO GOGSSSS!!! It's gonna be lit" Clay calls out, the cafeteria falling slightly more quiet at Clay's screaming, although they were used to the group consistently screaming they seemed to tune into the conversation.

"PARTY AT QUACKTIY'S THIS FRIDAY" Clay calls out to the entire cafeteria, the group falling into a fit of laughter at the chaos the announcement had caused, the school seemingly intrigued and planning their outfits.

The groups' thoughts shifted to Quackities party, planning to get wasted. And for once George was excited about a social gathering. He and Clay's feelings were mutual and they were finally starting to accept that. They grew closer with each day and the party would be the best day of their senior year so far!

"This is going to be so much fun!! The hangovers will suck but hey!! It's worth it" Wilbur shrugs.

"FaMiLy BoNdInG' Tommy chuckles, the group soon following in fits of laughter.

"I get enough family bonding at home" Wilbur sighs, dropping his head onto the table.

"Hey, you love us" Tubbo pouts.

"Of course I do, I'm stuck with you losers for the rest of my life, I'm forced to" Wilbur chuckles and the two boys dramatically leave the table.

"The party gonna be great, I'm really happy you decided to come" Clay gives a short smile before resuming the conversation within the group.

If only they knew...

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

Yayy, Chapter 9 finally!!

Clay's going to a party without George :0

Party a few days after? pog? Maybe

How are we feeling so far!!!

MUCH LOVE AND HAPPY READING <3

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.