Chapter 4

Holaaaa The new chapter is here, sorry it's been ages!! I lost motivation for pretty much everything :( On a side note The story by Conan gray is so good and literally helped me write this chapter :D 

TW: OD mentions (Its not in detail just mentions of it happening) 

ENJOY!!

_______________________________

The two boys awake in each others grasp,  George awkwardly shuffling away from the blonde to silent his alarm. 

"Can we just skip today?" Clay mumbles, burying his face deeper in the duvet whilst spreading across the bed where George was laying. 

"Get up we have 5 minutes before we have to leave" George sighs, rushing through his wardrobe to find a cohesive outfit, several minutes pass of George rushing around the house to collect what he needs, ignoring the several alarms that seemed to set off by the minute. 

"Can you turn off the damn alarms, WE HAVE TO GO, WHY ARE YOU STILL IN BED" 

"I'm not going" Clay mumbles slowly twisting to face away from the brunette. 

"Ok well we have to get out of the house ok, please, just get up and do whatever, but we have to leave" The panic in George's voice was enough to push Clay out of bed, George anxiously taps his foot, his eyes trained to his watch as Clay ties his shoes. 

"Why're you in such a hurry" Clay mumbles. 

"My parents can't know I skipped school, they can't know that you're here, they can't know that you stayed the night, so please can we move" George sighs shuffling out of his room whilst still starring at his watch, Clay loosely follows behind the panicking brunette still confused as to why he was seemingly panicking over his parents. Perhaps there was more to George than what meets the eye. 

"I'll drive, your shaking and I don't really wanna die today" Clay yawns taking the keys from George. 

"Whatever, let's just get to school" George mumbles leaning his head again the car window. 

"Yeah, we're not going to school" Clay shrugs before moving onto the road. 

"What!? Where are we going then!?" 

"It's a surprise, just chill out" Clay gives a short smile before forcing his eyes back onto the road. George can't help but fear what his parents would do if they found out about this small lapse in character, he knew they were already mad and this certainly wouldn't help, but surely they hadn't expected George to be their little puppet for the rest of his life right? He had to try new things at some point, they knew that... 

"Were here" Clay smiles before getting out of the car, George's eyes meet the gated forest that had a small closed-off path leading through it. 

"Why're we here" George mumbles as Clay grips his hand leading him through a small hole in the fence, immediately guiding him through the roughly made and unclear path. They walk in silence, the only sounds being the crumbling rocks and twigs below their feet, and as the several minutes pass they're finally greeted with a high cliffside, a view of the ocean below as well as far away mountains and heaping rocks that crowded the land below, a peaceful feeling clouding over both of them as the refreshing scent of maple leaves and seawater cross through the air. 

Clay takes a seat at the edge of the cliff, patting the grass beside him. George hesitantly complies, sitting further from the edge in fear of the high fall you most definitely wouldn't survive. 

"So, tell me about you George" Clay shrugs, leaning back on his hands as he soaks up the morning sun. George rips his eyes away from the godly sight, slightly clearing his throat before trying to find words to describe him. 

"Um, well, what's there to say? I'm 18, Straight A student, I've never really had friends before this year, England was rough to say the least. Uhm... I pretty much despise my parents, like literally hate them, and that's really it" George shrugs dropping his eyes to his filing hands in his lap. 

"Hate is a strong word Georgie" Clay mumbles, squinting one eye through the sun to meet Georges. 

"Trust me, if you knew them you'd get it" He sighs, Clay decides not to push on it, he already had a feeling George's parents weren't exactly what they were supposed to be, but I guess that's something they had in common. 

"What about yours?" George shrugs. The tension in the air immediately shifts to a strained and awkward feeling as Clay tenses, straightening his posture. 

"It's fine if you don't want to say-" George mumbles, taking note of the small shrug Clay gives. 

"Not much to tell about them to be honest. My mom died from heroin overdose when I was 16 and my father followed a few months after leaving me with my sister and aunty, She still lives with my aunt but I moved in with Sapnap a couple weeks ago. I hate to admit it but seeing my aunt makes me uneasy, it's like looking into my mothers' eyes, it's like a constant reminder of like, that's what I could turn into Yanno' " Georges sits in shock for a few moments, contemplating the right words, but each sentence seemed to fall short. 

"I'm sorry you had to go through that..." George whispers. 

"Not your fault Georgie" 

"We should head back to work on the assignment" Clay gives a short smile, George gives a nod in response before being lead back to the car, overly loud music fills the short car ride as they pull into Clay and Sapnaps apartment. 

"See they may have died on me but they left me a shit ton of money to compensate for the lack of parenting" Clay shrugs, chuckling slightly at his dark joke, George gives a strangled smile furrowing his brows, confused as to how to react to the remark. 

''It was a joke, you can laugh" Clay chuckles pulling George into his room. They continue to work on the assignment until 6 pm hits, they hardly got anything done through Clay's consistent distractions and fidgeting that slightly irritated George, but he decided not to comment on it once noticing the bottle of ADHD meds on his nightstand. 

"I think I should head back, My parents are like an hour away and I wanna get in before them" George yawns stretching his arms over his head.

"You could just stay over" Sapnap shrugs sipping at his bottle of water. 

"I uh- I can't my mom needs help with something" George mumbles whilst packing his bag.  Clay quickly pulls him into a loose embrace, before releasing his grip, their eyes meeting shortly before George draw his eyes to Sapnap. 

"Thanks for having me over" George smiles, both boys leading him toward the front door. 

"Anytime Gogs, your welcome anytime" Sapnap smiles tossing his arm over Clays' shoulder. 

"See you guys tomorrow" 

George gives a short wave before making his way to the car and beginning the short drive back home. The fireworks in his stomach never fading as his head meets the pillow that contained the familiar scent of vanilla. Although the safe feeling of temporary comfort forces to a halt as the sound of the front door echos through the house. 

"GEORGE DAVIDSON GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE"

Here we go again... 

_________________________________

There's chapter 4 :)) 

Leave your thoughts and opinions :D 

Hope your all enjoying it so far, again sorry for the long wait 

HAPPY READING <3