Chapter 3

Were baaaack!!!

I also changed the end of the last chapter, I rewrote it cause I didn't like it, I lowkey don't know how I feel about this book yet but hey... I felt the same about the other one so I'm just hoping I'll grow to love it XD 

Sorry the chapters are coming out slow I'm currently in the 2 week assessment period for school, they're my yearly's so kinda important apparently. Anyways, Theyll be more frequent after they're done :D 

Shouldn't be any TWS but Let me know :)

__________________________________

 NEXT DAY  

Georges blaring alarm screeches through his room for the third time that morning. He had decided he would skip the day after his inability to move from his bed, Blood still strained on his pillow after his negligence toward the wounds on his face. He couldn't find it in him to care. 

Buzz Buzz Buzz 

Clay :b 

Hey you coming today?

Hangover that bad huh?

Georgeeeeeeeeeee Nicks scaring me he said I made you mad? I don't remember anything though... 

George...

.. . .. . ..

His phone drops beside him as he attempts to get up, he had to face the world of pain at some point. He quickly changes into sweatpants and a short sleeve black shirt before grabbing his bag and keys, washing the blood off his face, taking care to not reopen the wound on his cheek. A small note sat on the front door, his parents were gone again... of course. When were they not? Stumbling with each step he makes it to his car before taking the short drive toward the school. His continuous attempts to ignore the striking pain through his body seemingly failed each time, his face grimacing to try hide the winces. 

"Hey-" Clay stops in his tracks, his brows raising causing George to freeze in place and plant a small smile onto his face.

"What the fuck, is that from the party?" Clay's mood seemed to have shifted as his eyes grazed over the small cut planted along George's cheek along with the series of bruises along his arms which lead anyone with eyes to wonder how much further they traveled. 

"What... No, No it's nothing" George shrugs, continuing the short walk into the school, Clay following him loosely trying to help George walk. 

"What happened, tell me who did this, I'll fucking kill them!" 

"It's fine Clay, I just fell" He shrugs. 

"You expect me to believe this is from falling" 

"Yeah..." George almost whispers, continuing the walk to their first class.

"Look I'm fine" He shrugs, forcing himself to walk properly, ignoring the pain that shot through his body at a constant, planting the same fake smile along his face. Clay gives a simple nod, his eyes falling to the floor, it was evident he didn't believe George, hell anyone with eyes wouldn't have believed that. They meet the group in their first class, Greeting one another & welcoming George as if they'd known him for years. They fall into casual conversation, and if anyone noticed the bruises planted along George's body they didn't mention it. They fall into the usual argument of the boys trying to convince George to go to one of their football games, still refusing the bell signaled everyone to be seated. The argument continuing all through school, the group convincing George to sit with them at lunch instead of going to the library. The day passed by slowly and uneventfully, all agreeing to a dinner date to cure their hangovers. Jokes about the party the night before commenced as they all sit at the '70s themed diner, all ordering milkshakes, and food. 

"SO Clay and George you guys got real comfortable" Alex shuffles his brows as the group falls into a fit of laughter. 

"It was a dare" George shrugs sipping at his milkshake. 

"It was also a dare to kiss Clay and you didn't do that one" Nick shrugs. 

"Kissing someone and sitting on their lap are two completely different things" George sighs 

"Is it though" Karl chuckles, the group following as George rolls his eyes. 

"Come on we're just playing Georgie, Stop blushing, I'll only kiss you with sober consent" Clay chuckles squeezing George's shoulders. 

"I'm not blushing I'm just squished between two football players" 

"Every gay man's dream" Karl chuckles.

"Bad thing I'm straight then huh?" George shrugs finishing off his fries, a semi-awkward silence fills the table as the boys finish off their food. 

" "Straight" " Clay shrugs as George rolls his eyes, was he that obvious?

The group falls into conversation, each of them getting to know one another before calling it a day, their headaches and hangovers finally catching up to all of them. 

"Can you drive Clay home Alex, Please I'm dying" Nick sighs holding up Karl who had practically fallen asleep in Nick's arms.

"YEET BYE" Alex calls out, sprinting to his car. 

"I can drive him" George shrugs through a yawn.

"Thank you George, I owe you one" Nick sighs carrying Karl bridal style to his car. 

"Let's go" George shrugs, Clay grips onto George's hand swinging their arms back and forth like a child. 

"Where do you live?" George yawns.

"Guess" Clay chuckles.

"Tell me or I'm driving you to my house and it's all you from there" 

"So you're telling me, I don't tell you my address and I sleep at your house?" Clay's eyes grow wide with excitement as George's face cringes at the realization. 

"Sold let's go" Clay chuckles. 

This was gonna be a long night... 

The car ride was filled with Clay blasting Music and screaming at the top of his lungs, All George could do was pray his parents were actually gone this time. They pull into the long driveway before walking into the house, ignoring their surroundings and heading straight for George's room, both collapsing onto the bed almost immediately. 

"Stick to your side" George mumbles as he drifts off to sleep.

"Whatever-" Clay chuckles tossing his arm to pull George closer to him, knowing he was too tired to even try protest. The oddly comforting feeling lulled them both to sleep the second they closed their eyes, exhaustion and safety radiated through the air, both boys refusing to question the feeling they gave one another. It was a problem they'd have to face eventually, but for now, they wanted to just live in the calming moment that evoked safe and secure sensations through both the boys. Georges only justification being the exhaustion and inability to push Clay away... But its ok... Friends do this all the time... 

Right? 

____________________________

No, no they don't... 

AnYwAys, sorry for the boring chapter I don't wanna rush into the whole drama thing yet, so, there's a filler chapter just some fun 

Let me know your thoughts or suggestions in the comments x

HAPPY READING <3