08. How to mend a broken heart - Samira

Start from the beginning

Samira shuddered at the thought. She didn't want to be marked and by Sanjay even less. She had loved Dahiru so she didn't mind when he did it, it was some sort of wolf wedding band anyway. When she looked at the black mark that extended from her right knee up the side of her leg and her torso to her ribs, in the mirror she couldn't stop her eyes from watering.

She had to find a solution in one week. She needed allies and a plan, she needed to make up with Michael and talk to Angel and she needed another Alpha's support as her own pack seemed to rebel against her.

Stupid tradition, why doesn't anybody mind what is going on?

That world needed a drastical change and Samira was convinced she had to be that change forced by circumstances.

There was no way in hell she was going to get marked.

The morning of the next day she called Angel but to her surprise, he didn't pick up the phone after several attempts and when she called Alejandra, she found out that Angel had left for Europe and was nowhere to be found. That was sub-optimal.

Her first thought was that he flew to see Michael. If they made up it could only be good for her.

Swallowing her pride she decided to call Michael again.

"Michael, it's me. Is Angel with you?"

"No. I told you we are not talking."

"He is gone."

"What do you mean, gone?"

Ha! I have moved on, my ass. Told you, Michael, you cannot just move on from such a love.

It was clear from Michael's voice that he was mad with concern.

"Alejandra said that he flew to Europe. So you are probably going to meet soon. Michael, my pack is planing to make me submit forcefully to Sanjay and be his Luna. I am facing a rebelion and need your help. Both of your help."

"What? Samira and you are still staying there. Board immediately a plane and come to Scotland."

"No! Under no circumstances. That would mean I am fleeing, plus they will come after me unless I give formally up on being Alpha."

"Yes but you would be in my territory and I could protect you."

"I don't know Michael."

"Well the situation is in any way suboptimal. If Sanjay and the Australian dumbass are coming at me together with the deserters from your pack we will be grosely outnumbered. We need both Angel and Nodin."

"Fine, I will see what I can do."

"Thanks, I will organize the part of my pack that is still loyal."

And after she hung up it was exactly what she did for the next two days. She agreed to give Sanjay a surprise for when he was coming for the ceremony in three days.

If it will be necessary, I will kill them all but I will never go down without a fight.

The bathwater was cold but she was too lost in thought to notice until a faint knock interrupted her reverie.

"What is it now, Akin?"

"It's not Akin, surprise-surprise!" said a familiar voice and shortly after a familiar face peeked inside.

"Jesus, Kiera! I have not seen you in ages, I even thought you might be dead. Where were you?"

"Around the world to try to mend my broken heart. Now come and give me a hug," she said holding a towel for Samira.