Chapter Sixty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Did you say yes?" I whisper into her ear.

I notice her blushing, and nodding her head yes. I squeal in excitement with the girls. This wasn't much of distraction, but it was something to sugar-coat this tough time. Seeing Sarah happy in her relationship, brought joy to me.

"Miss Watts?" The same nurses voice calls out to me, I see her come out of the hospital room.

"Mr Pierce is awake, and he's calling for you." The nurse nods towards the door, proceeding to walk away and leave me to enter the room.

My heart pitters in my chest. A floating sensation in my stomach, makes me nervous to see Alexander awake. Why did I feel nervous? I had been waiting for him to wake up, now I felt like I couldn't come face to face to him.

The girls usher for me to go into the room. I sucked in a breath, slowly letting it out. My feet slowly take me into the room, where I see Alexander awake.

His brown angelic eyes, connect to mine. It was like my eyes had found its way home. His inviting gaze, draws me closer to him.

"Alexander." I sob and run to be at his side.

I lock and entwine my hands with his. Bowing my head to connect with his forehead. His deep breaths, fan my neck, awaking a warm feeling in me.

"I am so sorry." I let out with sadness etched into my voice. "I was an idiot for doubting you. I was stupid I never meant anything when I said-"

Alexander soothes me, by hushing me and placing his hand around my shoulders, and bring me to lean into the crook of his neck.

"It's okay. I know." He lets out with a croaky voice. Lifting my head to meet with his liquid eyes, I shake my head to plead, to show how much I regret saying those words and for me being so stupid.

"It was said in the heat of the moment. I know you didn't mean anything by it. We both hurt each other, not addressing our past, but all I want to do with you is look forward to the future. I love you, baby."

"I love you too." I let out, nodding with him, insinuating that all I want to do is focus on the future with him.

A knock at the door interrupts us, we both cock our head in confusion. I warily open up the door, to see a policeman.

"Miss Watts and Mr Pierce, can I come in?" He asks.

I open up the door, allowing him to enter. Re-joining Alexander, we cautiously wait for the policeman to say something.

"I've come to update you on the current situation. We have caught Vivien Moore, she's now in police custody." The police man says.

Both Alexander and I, let out an exasperated sigh. An unexpected feeling of happiness and peace consumed us. I could have easily wept and jumped for joy.

"In a matter of fact," The police man continued, "Vivien Moore confessed, she told us she was behind everything, from the kidnapping to the stabbing. CPS have charged her with kidnapping, endangering someone's life and attempted murder."

My mouth hangs open, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was like music to my ears. Suddenly, it felt like a whole weight had lifted away from my shoulders. I didn't feel like I was being pushed down by a dread hanging over me.

"What about Lucinda?" Alexander asks with slight pain in his voice.

Bile bubbles in my stomach at the sound of her name. My gut twists and turns. Flaring my nostrils, I focus on what the policeman says.

"Since Vivien has taken full responsibility, CPS have not charged Lucinda."

I clear my throat, and lean in close to Alexander. "The security guard notified me that her father and brother took her. She won't be a problem anymore."

Alexander painted a smile on his face. I sent him a reassuring wink, with the thought of Lucinda being someone that should stay in the past.

"We have your clothes, it's with forensics, just as a standard procedure." The policeman says gesturing to Alexander. "We found these in the pockets, we thought it'd be best to give it to you, rather than take it into the station."

He takes out a clear zip-lock bag, containing my necklace and engagement ring. I gasp as the realisation of not noticing they were still gone. My mind was clouded with many thoughts and emotions, I didn't think of my personal possessions.

I take the bag, clutching it close to me, making sure that it never leaves my grasp. Without saying another word, the policeman leaves.

Alexander readjusts himself, grunting in pain as he takes the remote to set himself in a sitting position, on the hospital bed.

"Careful!" I exclaim in concern, latching on to his arm.

"It's okay, baby. I'm not in pain when you're here with me." He consoled with his alluring voice.

Taking the bag from me, he gestures for me to turn around. I lean back, so he's within my reach. The necklace is placed back on my neck, in its rightful place.

When I'm facing him again, Alexander flashes my engagement ring, within his fingers.

"Marry me?" He chuckles.

"Yes, yes, yes! A thousand time yes!" I laughed. He slowly guides the ring back, to where it was supposed to be.

Carefully moving to make space on the hospital bed, he pats the empty space, motioning for me to lie down next to him.

"I can't!" I say in a slight chuckle, I peer over to the door and back at Alexander. "The nurse or the doctor will come in."

"Who cares." Alexander says in amusement.

"I should really update the guys outside. They're still waiting, probably worried sick." I say, trying to excuse myself.

"They can wait a little longer. Right now, I just want you in my arms." Alexander soothed, pulling me close to him.

It didn't take me much to convince me. Like an excited child, I slowly set myself next to Alexander. Lying close to him, he wraps his arm around me, brings me close to him. I lean my head on his chest, careful not to touch his wound, situated on his abdomen.

The silence in the room was peaceful. The feeling of him wrapped next to me, was beautiful. The warm feeling radiating from Alexander's body, ignites a deep glow within me.

Craning my head to look at him. I take in his alluring and handsome face, that I've known to love.

"You're not thinking of making a swift exist are you?" He jokingly asks, rubbing my arm and planting a kiss on my head.

"Nope, unfortunately you're stuck with me."
I cooed, admiring every aspect of him, knowing that he's all mine and I'll never let go of him, and have anyone come in between us. I return the favour by extending my neck, landing a delicate kiss on his cheek.

The peaceful and slow movement, of his chest going up and down, with the sound of his heartbeat welcomed into my ears, I found myself feeling safe. I found myself feeling happy knowing that this is the man I will marry and start a family with.

I went through a lot to get to this point, and I wouldn't change anything because I was back in Alexander arms.

I didn't want this feeling to go away. This is where I wanted to be.

Safe and sound and at home.

***

A/N

Alexander survived! Did you really think I could separate my babies Louisa and Alexander? Never! Always and forever till the very end! (Any The Originals fans?)

We are very close to the end... one chapter and the epilogue left... I really don't want to end this book.

Whilst writing this chapter, I also finished the playlist. If you want to check it out, the link is in my bio!

Share, comment and vote! Let me know what you think!

Love _xxAMxx