Chapter 20: The contract

Veronica's Pov

Why did I come here? I'm asking myself the same question for the past fifteen minutes, holding this fucking contract in my hand. 

He gave me a pen for the signature, for the commitment that I was dreading not to be part of. I still don't know how he managed to convince me to play his ridiculous game but now I can't go back on my words.

I agreed to play with him, follow his stupid rules and the compromise I'm about to make for that fucking drive.

I blankly stare at the contract papers, one sign that's all it needs to ruin my life that is already fucked up.

I tightly close my eyes, there's no point cursing my luck right now, we all know that I would eventually end up signing this contract so let's just get over it. 

I took a really long deep breath before scribbling my name on the white sheet that now has the ability to command my life however the way it wants.

I slowly move my head up and look at Leonard whose eyes were already on me "there you go" I said handing him the contract and ready to get out of here.

I got up and head for the door when he interrupted me "don't forget the clauses you've just agreed to" he said with a smirk "don't forget to add the conditions I've laid down" I grit my teeth and opened the door. 

What the heck did I got myself into? I bit my lip nervously and walk out of his villa.

I quickly take the blonde wig out of my bag that I used before for the disguise and put on a mask as I carefully got inside my car. 

As soon as I got in I close my eyes and hit the steering wheel "Fuck" I cursed remembering the events that happened a few minutes ago.

*17 minutes ago*

"A game?" I questioned,

He raised his eyebrow and nodded.

"What game?" my eyes scrunching up, a dubious expression on my face as I waited for him,

He took a seat and interlocked his fingers, "a game that will guarantee you about Kelly's safety,"  he pauses then continues " if you play this game with me then I promise nobody will ever hurt your friend"

"Nobody?" I chuckled, "seriously you're not including yourself, I mean you're the one I need to protect her from".

He lets a breath out and opens the drawer on the right side of his wooden desk.

He grabs a black document and puts it on the table " I know you don't trust my word but maybe this contract will satisfy your doubts"

"What contract ?"

He rolls his eyes and taps on the hard paper "find out yourself"

I suspiciously look at the contract before picking it up and slowly reading the clauses.

The game? the contract is about his game? It is called Seduction, wait what? "what is the game called again?" I asked him in disbelief. 

"No questions until you read the whole thing" 

He's got to be kidding me, no question until I finish the dumb thing. What does he think of himself? 

I grab the paper tightly and continued reading the part. I can't do anything except waiting.

In this game, each party has to seduce the other in an attempt to win the game. Whoever manages to seduce the most time will be the winner, the loser on the other hand has to do everything the winner demands.