Chapter 29: The walk of disaster

Leonard's Pov

After asking the most regrettable question from her, I'm on my way to the office. Today we have an important meeting discussing the launch of our own publishing company. 

If everything sets right with the budget and the five-year plan of investments then this publishing company would be a huge source of profit to the company.

I just need to get the results from today's meeting then fly to Rome as soon as possible. I'm wasting a lot of my time here. 

Andrew texted me twice last night saying they found the Viking's main headquarters and both the mole is in their hold so if everything goes right then I can fly out tomorrow. 

But there is one thing that is bugging me, I don't want to leave Veronica here. I may be gone for a month and in that time I'll lose my sense if I don't see her with me.

I'm getting addicted to her presence so a month without her is torture to me, physically and mentally. I can't leave her here. I need to think of a way to bring her along with me.

After changing few lanes and wasting my time stuck in the traffic, I reach my office and quickly park the car in front of the building.

Mr. Ozart and Mr. Calloway make their way towards me as I hand in the car keys to the valet. The two directors who always stay by side, informing me about the meetings and almost everything until I reach my study.

"Is everything ready for the meeting?" I ask Mr. Ozart and he strictly answers yes,

"I want to see every basic detail for this project right from the budgetary planning to commissions and the five-year profit trip. No mistakes should be made with the investment and make sure Mr. Tiffany sticks with the project plan. I don't want him to make last-minute suggestions and fuck up the entire project. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir"

"Also, I'm flying to Rome tomorrow for some things, it'll take me a month or something to come back till then my dad will handle the things for me,"

"Alright sir"

"I will be on calls and making forefront decisions, so you can update me once every week"

"Yes sir" 

As the elevator door opens, we all get inside it and made our way to the meeting.

After two hours of intense conversation with a group full of sixty-year-olds, the end result of the meeting was up to my satisfaction. Now giving the green light for the publishing project I can without any concern leave the rest for my beloved father. 

All now I have left to do is think of a possibility to convince Veronica regarding the trip. 

~
Veronica's pov

I throw my shoes on the floor and envelope my precious couch as I scooch closer to the pillow, I'm back at my place. 

I rest my head and stare at the ceiling feeling guilty for running away like that, but this was the only thing I can think of at that moment.

 He wanted me to wait for him, at his own place like we're in a sort of relationship. That idea freaked me out, no matter how tempting it sounded I was still afraid to let myself feel those things.

I extended my right arm to grab the TV remote from the coffee table as I put few pillows down my waist and switch the tv on, I channel through one of the news channels and I saw few reports about King Enterprise,

They were showing the party that Leonard hosted couple weeks ago with my name written in bold letters with a question mark beside "New Couple Alert?" I roll my eyes and change the channel.