Chapter: 45 Annihilation

Veronica

Fuck they spiked my drink. How didn't I think of that before drowning the whole thing down my throat? The icky feeling against my inside is still there, I feel nauseous. 

I open my eyes and looked around the room, crap they switched the room. This is not where I was before. This room is so much smaller than the previous one. It's like a prison, faded grey walls, wallpaper peeling from the sides, a little window on the top, and one tiny bed on the left side. 

The whole room gave me a claustrophobic vibe. I tried getting up, my leg was numb from sitting too long but still, I managed to wiggle it up when I notice my hands, the cuff was gone. I wasn't tied so they indeed locked me. 

I put my right arm on the wall supporting myself for a stand and lazily walked to the door. I tried opening it but none to my surprise was locked. 

I slouched to the bed and rest my head when I heard something. A sound, possibly of breaking a door, I faced the ceiling trying to hear the sound again and it came.

I jolted from the bed and ran towards the door, my heart skipping a beat telling me that it's Leonard. It has to be him. I started knocking on the door hysterically, "Leonard" I shout his name hoping he would hear it, hoping it's him.

The rusty sound of the door opening from the other side made me take a step back, I tried to find a weapon something for my safety if the person doesn't turn out to be Leonard. 

I looked around the room in panic and my eyes settle on a beer bottle. Guess it'll help, I have no choice. I pick the bottle and armed it at thirty degrees for a clean attack.

The door made a lot of noise and when it was opened, the bodyguard from before was looking at me. I drop the bottle on my sides and asked him without words. My eyes probably told him everything, all the questions, all the feelings. 

He shakes his head asking me to follow him, I carefully scan the lobby before following him closely. 

"He's here" his voice was very low and came out like a whisper,

I nod my head and continued walking, I looked at his face thinking about the possibilities of Leonard knowing someone like him who gives a mix of both killer and psychopath vibes. After all this, we need to have a serious talk. 

Who are these guys and why in the fucks hell did they kidnap me? I know about Nicole, that bitch will even find a fucking hitmen to go after me but joining hands with someone who I guess is a rival to Leonard was pretty sick and pathetic. 

I really can't believe there was even a time when she and I used to be friends. Times do change people, or people just change there's nothing to do with time. 

We come to a halt and he opens a door, soon the hard bricky floor was replaced by grilled metal ones. I noticed I was on the first floor, "we are still underground, right?" I turn my head and suddenly he was aiming his gun somewhere. 

I followed his trail and saw someone, two people exactly or three. The light was deemed and it was the first place where they tied me before. 

There was only one light on the left corner and two people were laughing under the brightness. The man next to me was already on the ground floor and I quickly followed, "wait"

The dark elevating the walls, I slowly walked to where he was going cause, of course, I had no clue what to do now except follow him. Cold air touching my skin, my heart making this weird knot inside telling me something is about to happen, something bad, just something, when the sudden sound of gunshots filled the silent atmosphere.