Chapter 32: Deep Breaths

Veronica's POV

It took me one hour to drive from this part of the city to his place, Ed lives in a scheduled private area in the city and Leonard lives right in the center,

So, driving from there was not only a stupid idea but this drive was one of my intense moments in life. I not only manipulated my thoughts into agreeing to go to Leonards, but I also did a lot of convincing on my way to his place, 

As a matter of fact, I still don't know why I told him to wait for me, seeing how the day has absolutely exhausted me, I should be resting but here I am almost three minutes to his place. 

I didn't even tell the guys that I'm leaving, I just got inside my car and took off. They may not even notice that I'm gone, with all the drinks they were having while I was on the call they pretty much have been blacked out by now,

I should have stayed there, I mean they got into the trouble of driving to the studio and picking me up but as much as I wanted to stay, I couldn't.

I had a lingering feeling talking me into missing something or someone and at that time he called and just hearing his voice made me frail. 

He was like a magnet, attracting me towards him. No matter how far I run away or resist our temptation, I simply can't escape my fucking feelings,  

It's like he has an answer for the weird thing happening inside me or he, himself is the answer I don't know,

I just know that I want to see him and tell him that I used the file he gave me, I did what I should have done last year instead of cowering down and regretting those years, I guess I should thank him for being present at the right time in my life.

He helped me and maybe cause of that I'm not turning the wheels around. I had many chances to go back and spend the night with my friends but here I am, standing outside his building, waiting for a miracle to happen.

I take a deep breath and bite my lip, nothing works like a wall of anxiety crippling you when you least expect them. 

I grab my purse and put my sunglasses on, although I was wearing the headscarf I still need to wipe out every possibility of being seen in his place right after today's stunt.

I walked inside the building and made my way to his elevator. I removed my scarf the moment I enter the door and brushed my hair. I looked at the mirror and my eyes were looking much worse than before. 

The patch surrounding my eyes looked reddish but not so much, the eyes were swollen and I was having trouble blinking.

God what did I do to myself, is this how people are supposed to look when they cry. Yikes, crying makes you ugly.

I close my eyes and massage them in light circular motions then anticlockwise, reliving the tension and feeling less tense.

The door opens with a ring and I turn my head towards the dark living room. I walk inside and switch some lights, then got settled on the couch. Looks like he's not here yet does that means he got his answer to the question he asked me in the morning.

I am waiting for him, at his place like he wanted. I drop my purse on the couch and stretch my arms, "god, my body feels so tense"

I crack few muscles here and there to lose the tension but sitting in his apartment was very intimidating for me so I decided to watch some news.

I know it's a bad move but I want to know what they are talking about, what labels are they using this time. 

With a lot of courage and a pounding heart, I switch the TV on channeling through the news section.