Chapter 9: Because..

It was seven in the morning when we finished hearing her plan. Not only did she tell us how to carry it out, she even gave a detailed report about Leonard and his high-profile parties which she use to hear from Andrew during her high school days.

Nobody thought it would be Lexi who'll figure out the way from this situation but we are so glad that she did, I am, to be honest. Last night was really tiring for me but who thought the next morning I will already be equipped with a strategy.

The plan was really simple. When Lexi mentioned her brother Andrew working with Leonard we thought of telling him about the drive. Our lucky gold, in this case, was Andrew, Leonard's right hand; that means the drive will be delivered to him and there is no chance he will mislead the drive to someone else, Lexi taking the guarantee of it.

Following the plan, we need to get an invitation to Leonard's party. Getting inside his villa is the first step then Lexi will find Andrew with the others excluding Turner who really isn't good at this thing. He probably will pass out or something if he finds himself surrounded by girls at the party so letting him out is the best option.

I meant to ask Lexi why couldn't she just ask Andrew out and give him the damn drive and save us from all this trouble but her brother has like nine phones and she doesn't have either of the numbers nor does any family member of hers has it. 

Carrying on,

The file that Monica gave me mentioned, that the party will be held on the first floor but our priority was the second floor.

When Lexi told us that Andrew never attends Leonard's parties but still stays with him, I got the feeling that he will be in the villa just not on the first floor where the party actually is.

He'll probably be on the second floor which Ed will confirm from one of his friends. Leaving me and Aiden to distract the audience making a way for Lexi.

"How exactly will we distract the people?" Aiden asks,

I wanted to know as well, so far the plan is good, and even if any of us fail to do our job we already have a backup option but before that, the priority to carry the first one depends on me and Aiden. If we succeed in creating a distraction then Lexi and Ed can detour to the second floor without provoking anyone's attention.

Now the real question was how are we supposed to create a diversion. I mean it's the first time for all of us to do something like this so a diversion as our main job was lacking a backup ground.

Taking Lexi as the mastermind behind this whole strategy she really hooked us up with good opportunities but accidentally left me to deal with the future consequences.

The plan was almost good and we all were ready to accept the deal but when she mentioned my part, it was like someone threw a rock really hard on my face and named it Leonard King who soon will become something I can never forgive or forget.

I still remember her expression when she mentioned my part,

"We?" Lexi questions

"Yeah, you and Ed will go to the second floor so that left me and Veronica for the diversion part isn't it?" Aiden reasoned out,

Lexi folds her hand and slightly leans onto the pillar on the far left of the room, "who told you Veronica will distract with you?"

Aiden was a little confused at this point. He was seriously calming himself to knock out the idea he was getting from her "So what you're saying is that I need to create a diversion all by myself?"

"No of course not, Ed will help you," she said gesturing her hands towards Ed,

A breath of relief escapes when he heard that he is not the scapegoat but "what about you then? are you planning to sneak onto the second floor by yourself?"