Chapter 3: Drunken Mistakes

"Where is Turner?" I asked as I walked back to the living room.

"Aiden took him to his place," Ed said taking the remote from the couch and switching the TV off.

I took a seat beside him and opened a can of beer, "What do you think happened yesterday?"

"That's what I would like to know," he said messaging his forehead,

"Where were you last night?"

"I slept at my sister's place,"

"Nancy? She's in town?" 

"Yeah, only for a couple of a few days,"

I can't believe Nancy is in town, it's been so long since we've met each other. After Ed, she is my second best friend so her being in the town made me really happy, I want to meet her but after we sort this mess out.

We still have no clue about last night, what actually happened? and whether or not Kelly is involved, we have no fucking idea. 

Hell, I don't think I can take another minute of this mystery. It will take some time for Turner to sober up so that leaves us with those two. They surely would have some answers. 

We both waited on the couch for them before hearing footsteps. Ed got up from his seat and stood beside me "Don't hit them. We need answers,"

I rolled my eyes at the obvious, of course, I can't hit them before finding out the whole truth. 

Lexi came and stood beside me, resting her head on my left shoulder she yawned. "They are exhausting. My ten-year-old nephew isn't tiring as they are,"

"Where are they?"I pat her head,

Lexi pulled some facial muscles telling us they were coming before gaining her posture and standing straight, "Before you get another shock, I should warn you. We know one of them and it's not pretty,"

"What do you mean?" I glanced at her at the same time a blonde came out of the hallway. My eyes widen but it's Ed who is shock-struck by her presence. I don't know if someone is playing an ugly joke on us or we just woke up watching Kanye West's face, something definitely wrong with today.

 Out of all the women in the world, Turner has to hook up with her. Lexi gave me a lopsided smile and shrug, "Told ya,"

I hit Ed with my elbow, "Why the hell is your ex here?"

Before he could answer the needy blonde ran and jumped on him. Hugging him as he stood straight face. Ed didn't hug her back. Instead, he moved his head and gave me a look. If I and Ed weren't friends, I wouldn't have understood his expression but since we know longer than this blonde's relationship I easily decode the meaning behind his flustered eyes as 'What the fuck is happening?'

"Eddy" She squeaks and cups his jawline. "Aww baby I missed you," 

"I wanna puke," Lexi groaned beside me,

"I'll join you" I whispered and shook our hands,

We were trying so hard to smile at her but it was useless. Just seeing her face was enough to boil our blood. Fuck, why does it have to be her?

I still remember how she emotionally blackmailed Ed when they were going out. Her inferiority complex led most of the actions during their phase of dating where she guilt-trapped Ed into giving her his social media accounts and their passwords. From there, she would unfriend all his female friends including his cousins and the school group he was close with. 

One time, she catfished his friends and when someone reported her, she blamed Ed saying he was cheating and she needed evidence to prove that till now she doesn't have any. Cheating my ass. Ed is the most loyal guy a girl could ever ask for but she wouldn't know because in her known delusion, she ruined her relationship.