Chapter 8: The Plan

After my sudden burst out last night, I didn't leave my room for a minute. I was mad at them for taking that jerk's side.

How can they actually compliment and say sweet words about him, knowing very well what he did to kelly? maybe I'm overreacting but the last time I was too careless I ended up losing someone really close to me.

I can't even begin to explain what it feels like to lose someone who you once thought would be by your side for the rest of your life. Finding that person is nowhere around you is the most painful feeling I've ever felt.

All those nights, that I cried myself to sleep wishing this nightmare would end but it never did. Every morning I search for my father's laughter around the breakfast table that now has turned into a morgue. No laughter, no fun, no happiness, they just left.

After that, I distanced myself from the world, just me and my mom is enough. I never had any friends neither intended to make one before Kelly pushed her way inside my little grey world coloring it with emotions that I once forgot.

I smiled after 12 years, the warmth I felt that day was enough for me to realize I needed to protect this person. She lit a light inside my dark shell and broke me from this pain. I started smiling, I started making friends, I started finding myself and the dreams I once carried, she enlightened hope for me once again.

And now, when the time actually came, I'm more than ready to protect her like, she did. We just need to return the chip and end this whole thing right? That's easy but I still need to be careful.

I was tossing and turning in my bed all night, I couldn't sleep. I kept recalling that douche's file trying to figure out a way but just end up scratching my brains out.

I kept staring at my window while lost in my thoughts when I heard a knock.I checked the time and saw it's five in the morning, what the heck do they want? I dragged my body tirelessly across the room and opened the door,

"What?" I said folding my hands, 

It was Ed at the door, "Lexi, she's calling everyone at the living room" he yawned, his clothes and hair were messy like someone who just woke from a sleep,

"Do you realize what time it is?"

He didn't say anything just took my hand and dragged me to the living room. Everyone looked tired and sleepy except Lexi. Didn't she sleep or what? and why the sudden gathering at five in the morning???

"What the heck is going on?" Turner groaned as he took a pillow from the couch and tucked his face.

Aiden looked up from the kitchen counter while sipping some water "She probably got her period or something"

"Seriously Lexi it's too early to deal with this shit now," I took a spot next to Turner, Ed joining me as well, resting his head at the tip of the couch.

She rolled her eyes and threw the files I gave her last night on the coffee table "I thought you wanted a plan?"

I look up, what did she mean by that exactly? did she find out a way or is it another one of her lame joke sessions, "what exactly are you trying to say?"

The boys turned their attention to her as well,

"I know how to return the chip to that hot stuff"

Just call him Leonard jeez, you don't even know how he looks, if only we knew he could be a retired eighty-year-old living in fantasies of banging young chicks. I roll my eyes, but wait a second did she just say she knows how to return the chip? or am I freakin' dreaming.

I shake my head and pat my cheeks waking myself up a little, Lexi has a plan? I did hear this right,

"Okay that's new but go on.." I said