Chapter 14: Headlines

"Sir?"

"Mmmm"

"There are headlines everywhere"

I nod my head as I continued watching the news channel. Ik there are headlines about her more than my party and Idk why but I'm not angry.

I watch the news channel that is been going on and on about her,

"Now for the main highlight, Former model Veronica Matthews who almost ended her modeling career last year because of her feud with Miss Nicole Jasper was seen last night attending the 19th galaxy party of Mr. Leonard King, the popular ruthless Business tycoon of 21st century.

Not only she made a surprise visit, but she was seen with her rumored boyfriend Lucas Calbero as his plus one. There are many rumors about Miss Matthews that she might make her runway come back this year. Previously she was seen doing few cover shoots but her recent visit to New York has engaged some new theory

Our channel exclusively bought this information that soon Miss Matthews will collaborate with Opera and launch her side of the story which by far everyone is been waiting for.

Our teams did an interview with Miss Nicole Jasper who refused to answer any question regarding her feud with Miss Matthews. Right now all the reporters are standing outside Miss Matthews agency "The Silver Lining" but so far no statements have been made."

It's been like this since morning. Every news channel is talking about her, every news anchor is asking the same damn question. It's like they are obsessed with her. I didn't even know she was capable of grabbing so much attention that not even one news channel is talking about my success party.

Not that I care but still I like to be mentioned. The reason I threw that party was to grab some attention and let the rumors slide but now I think the hottest topic of today is her.

That woman is really something, she even dragged me into one of those controversial headlines that mentioned me being her night in shining armor. Needless to say, I'm impressed but seeing our names together makes me think a little differently. 

When she left last night I immediately asked Andrew to run a background check on her, that's when he mentioned his relationship.

Apparently, his sister is her close friend so of course, Andrew knows her too. He always treated her like his sister so running a background check on her seemed a little disapproving from his side.

Not that I forced him but he found a way to give me some deets about her. I even asked him but he just refused like it's some kind of violation of his brotherly relationship. Whatever at least I have the files, I'll just look through it.

I saw her profile and came across some pretty interesting facts. She is originally from D.C but she moved to Chicago with her mother, reasons unknown.

She started her modeling career when she was 16, did some runway projects with LV, Cedro, Lonson, and other big names and after four years she moved to New York where she officially signed a contract with an agency but around last year something happened and she disappeared from the modeling industry.

Nobody saw her physically but she continued doing few cover shoots around Europe and Some parts of southeast Asia before she decided to return.

I noticed there isn't any information about her father. Some parts seem to be hidden intentionally, just like me, I also blocked all my unnecessary details and provided only the minimal amount for the world to know.

Looks like we both like the privacy of our life but considering our position it seems pretty difficult to maintain it.

I read her files for few more minutes before I decided to help her. I mean she is my woman now, whether she accepts it or not. I can't just wait and let those scoundrels play with her like this.