Chapter 12: Marking her

I looked myself in the mirror as I adjust my tie, should I wear it? The party was today and I needed to look confident. There should be no grounds to prove the rumor. All my major business partners, shareholders, and even employees will be present.

As a CEO, I need to prove who has the bigger say. Everything was ready and it was almost time. I've arranged many reporters to claim the biggest night of the city.

The world's renowned womanizer come to Ceo Leonard King is hosting a party and for the first time, it is open to everyone. The actors, models, influencers, bloggers, designers, singers, and many more elite faces will be joining me.

Although it seems a little over the top but hey, I will do everything in my power to prove that this company is still owned by me and there are no grounds for baseless rumors.

I decide to ditch the tie and just wear the shirt. I rolled up the sleeves and adjusted my collar before Andrew came informing me that the guests have started arriving.

I took my favorite watch from the stand and walked downstairs. I could see many business partners among the crowds, few employees were also present and many were from the entertainment industry, I guess the actress Shia Crane and Emily Ruffold is also here, wonder what they look like in person. If possible I can ask for a date. I've been sore for three months because of that fucking drive.

I couldn't date so maybe this party can hook me up with new faces or at the most calm my friend down there.

I walked through the crowd and I introduced myself to some new faces before joining my business partners. Little by little I could hear the reporters from the outside, clicking pictures and asking weird questions from celebrities.

Most of them successfully avoided the reporters and shut them with weird intimate poses, but there was one who caught the most attention.

I was talking to Mr. Ralph my investor when all of a sudden I started hearing some loud noises of people pushing and yelling.

I don't know who it was but the person might be a little more popular than the others to create such a buzz.

I saw Andrew coming down the stairs and whispering to me "I think you should go outside"

I gave him a look before taking a glance from the window. Who was it that was creating so much commotion outside my villa?

I looked outside and saw a woman surrounded by reporters. She has her arm wrapped around her friend or boyfriend I don't know but he was protecting her from the crowd.

I don't what came over me but seeing her like that made me furious, how could they treat a woman like that. She's also a human and has every right to avoid the questions that disrupt her private life. Coming over to her and behaving like hooligans is not something I'm going to tolerate.

I gave my champagne glass to Andrew and asked him for my face mask, as I excused myself. I walk past the crowds and onto the door to see the scene that little by little made me angrier.

She was about to pass out from the pressure the crowd of reporters was putting onto her. Their questions just made me more furious as I could see she was trying so hard to avoid them.

Without wasting any time I wore my mask and went down quickly putting my arms around her. A cold shiver passes through my body as our skin touched. I didn't know she has the audacity of making me sweat.

I was turned on and as much as I was pushing those ideas back, the thing she was wearing made it even harder. Had it not been for the chains, the dress would have shown something that I was clearly trying hard not to stare at.

Right now I can't be lured by her, I need to safely get her inside, but one thing I couldn't help is overhearing the questions they were asking her. More like yelling at her face.

"Ms. Matthew, can we see you walk again on the runaway?" one reporter from daily news yelled, looks like he is willing to lose his job.

"Ms. Matthews, when did you come to New York?"

"Ms. Matthews is it true you were in hiding?" a few more reporters asked her the same question, 

All these questions were lame. Even if she was new to New York or was in hiding, they have no right to ask her something so personal. If she was my woman I would have ended all of their careers.

Thankfully, I ordered more men to assemble the reporters otherwise we couldn't make it inside.

~

Once we reached inside my villa. I took my mask off and ordered Andrew to control the scene outside that's when I realize why my breathing was so heavy. I slowly looked down and saw her hugging me.

Her hands were holding me tightly from the sides, she gently tucks her head a little more inside my shirt and a breath of relief escapes from her mouth.

I didn't disturb her, if my presence was making her calm and comfortable then I don't mind holding her all night. Although a lot of eyes were on us but duh as if I care.

I was just looking at the person standing in front of me, he seemed calm but a little surprised seeing her holding me instead of him. Well, can't blame him, women prefer me more than their boyfriends.

I looked down again and she was still holding me, normally if a woman tries to hug me I would eventually make her life hell but it was different this time. I wanted her to feel safer with me like I could protect her.

I don't know if this is alcohol speaking but I never felt so secure around a person. She was like a child who unknowingly calms any grown-up with their cute little bear hugs.

The more time she spend with me, the weaker I got. I don't know what would've happened if Andrew didn't call me.

I was enjoying the peace she suddenly brought in my upheaved life when an angry pair of hands grabbed her from me. He tightly hugs her not before giving me a cold stare. Now that I think he might be her boyfriend.

Although I was a little bothered by it I was getting this feeling that he may be in unrequited love with her seeing how she is making a distance from him. She removed his arms and it made me happy. She quickly arranged her dress before turning to me.

Our eyes met and slowly, we just stood there staring into each other. Seconds pass, but nothing happened, I don't know what I was waiting for but I can't help just notice her features.

Her hair was perfectly tied up in a messy knot leaving few strands of hair on her face, her make-up was light nothing exuberant just what I like.

My eyes slowly roam to her lips and mentally thanked her for choosing that color that shamelessly rests over her lips.

I lowered my eyes and scan her dress that was screaming to me to rip it open and claim the goods hidden inside of it but I just stood there waiting for her to say something.

Who was she? How could she tempt me in such a way that it's almost difficult for me to remove my eyes from her?

I watch her come closer to me, her expression changed when she thanked me. Did she just make a boundary between us? After hugging me for god knows how long she is distancing herself from me.

Ha, I am not allowing that. She can't turn her eyes from me now. It's time then, to make her mine. It's almost been three months since I last dated anyone, I was looking forward to dating those actresses but the hell with them. I want her now. Whoever she is, I will mark myself on her.

I gently took her hand in mine. Her body instantly reacts to my touch and god I was so liking it.

I can hear few gasps in the room after all this is my way of telling the world she is mine. Many eyes were on us and boy I'd be lying if this doesn't arouse me.

I slowly brought her hand to my lips and kissed it. Now everyone in the room knows who she belongs to.