Chapter 30: The closed gate of feelings.

Leonard's Pov

The meeting was over and now as I'm walking to my office, I couldn't help but notice the unusual behavior of the employees.

They were not only whispering and gossiping but after seeing me they immediately went silent. The expression they wore looked like I caught them doing something they should be guilty of. 

I roam my eyes around the room to notice more weird behaviors when the bucket of my curiosity overflowed and I stopped in front of an employee, giving her my best death glare as I proceed to ask what seemed so funny and worth discussing in the middle of the work.

"Care to explain what is so amusing?" I pull my lips from the corner and maintain my stare at her,

"Nnoo...nnothh...uhh nothhingg sir" she nervously replied while keeping her face down and crossing her hand like an X in the front with few files in her hand,

I nod my head and made my way inside the office pressing the bell for my assistance. After two buzzes she enters the room and formally stands in front of me, waiting for my orders.

"Karla" I look at the middle-aged woman, 

"Yes sir" she looks up,

"Do you need to report me anything?" I ask her as I lean against my chair,

"Not that I know of" she politely replies,

"Are you sure? cause I saw some strange behaviors from the employees, any news or rumors you might know of?" 

She took a moment to remember something and as if a bulb lit inside her head reminding her of something important, her eyes widened.

"Yes sir, I remember now" she waved her hand and came a little closer to the desk, "You asked me to check with Ryan regarding Ms. Jasper,"

"Nicole? sure, what about her?" 

"Well sir Ryan was keeping an eye on her when he found her meeting with Mr. Jones"

"The reporter?" 

"Yes sir. It seems like she manipulated Mr. Jones and spread another rumor about Miss Matthews"

There's a rumor? she started another rumor when she knows that Veronica is linked with me. She even has the audacity to manipulate one of my people for her sick games. That bitch needs to learn a lesson. 

"What is the rumor?" I ask her, 

"It looks like she sparked an old rumor. The same one that uh.." her voice slipped as she tried to complete her words,

"What. rumor. Karla?" I slowly repeated the words. As far as I remember there was a scandal few years ago about a model but now I think it never really bothered me when the scandal broke out. I thought things like this happen now and then in this field, rumors, controversies, scandals but hers was pretty brutal even I remember what-

I remember the rumor, don't tell me it was Veronica's "was the rumor-" I hesitated, if what I remember about that rumor then Nicole is seeing hell in her coming days. 

"Sir?" Karla called out when she saw me losing attention, 

I nod my head and tell her to continue, I want to confirm if it's that rumor before jumping to a conclusion,

"Two years Miss Matthews was falsely accused of having sexual relationships with her brand partners, which also insinuated she got work because of uh" she gulps and looks around the floor trying her best to finish the words but I don't need to know.

It's the same rumor that I wished wasn't true "she started the same rumor?" I paused, my eyes breathing blood as I looked at her for the answers that only made me furious.