Chapter 16: Backfire

"Why did you investigate her?" I asked straight to the point. There was no messing around anymore, no wasting time on stupid flirts. I wanted to know why did he involve himself in my business. 

I don't know him, he doesn't know me, and the big question; I fucking never asked for his help so why the heck did he run a background check on her. 

"What, answer me?"

He rolls his eyes and goes back to his chair, leaning against the leather and resting his arms on the side handles, "you really lack manners" he grinned.

"Excuse me" 

He raised his eyebrow and brought his head forward, " I think the word you're looking for is thank you"

"Thank you my foot, just tell me why did you do it?" I said crossing my arms, the file still resting on my left hand.

"Why did I do it?" he rest his chin on top of his interlocked fingers, "maybe I want something from you"

Of course, what was I expecting? free help from him, oh please, " not surprised"

He got up from his seat and stood in front of me, "become my woman"

My eyes widened at his request or more like a command he put on me, become his woman? did he seriously just ask me to be his woman? who does he think he is? Zac Efron.

I pressed my hands against his chest putting a distance between us, "don't ever ask me that ridiculous thing again" I throw the files in his face and head for the door,

"Don't get so riled up sweetheart" he pressed a button under his desk locking the door from inside,

"Open the fucking door," I said, my hands still holding the doorknob.

"and why should I do that?" an arrogant smirk appearing on the corner of his lips,

I closed my eyes in frustration begging god to drop a cow poop in his face. 

"Maybe if you stop cursing me, I might consider opening the door" 

Woah! I look at him in shock. How did he? there isn't any cow poop in his face so how did he know I cussed him?

"Don't look at me like that, Ik when you cuss me so it's better if you just stop doing it"  he raised his head and look at me, "you havin' a shoot tomorrow with Opera right?" totally changing the topic.

I narrowed my eyebrows, why does he know that? "why do you know that?"

"Oh I don't, Nicole does"  he insinuated,

My eyebrows narrowed a little more, "what?" I huffed at his hints,

"Giving you the files was probably the dumbest thing I ever did,"

"Excuse me?"

"I gave you the files sweetheart, there are many shreds of evidence on them. The thing she did in the past and the rumors it's all in there including the things she wants to do now"

Now? like present time? 

I didn't say anything, I let him continue, I mean I did read the files he gave me a few minutes ago but I was so caught up with my stupid feelings that I didn't notice her plans. Does she still intend to hurt me? Why? 

Isn't what happen two years back was enough? now she is retaliating again.

"She hired few men to ruin your shoot tomorrow," he said interrupting my thoughts

 "She wants to ruin my shoot?" I started laughing hysterically like he cracked a joke, "and let me guess you want to help me" I said in between the laughs, this whole thing is crazy.