Moving Forward.

"Where.. Am.. I?" asked Vic as he stood on a land of clouds, he looked around, nothing but clouds for miles, above was a starry night sky. "Am i dead?.." he asked but got no answer.

He looked at his hands, he was in his old body, the one before he died and was sent to Remnant. He was wearing clothes he used to wear before it all happened. He wondered why he was here, he felt calm.

He doesn't remember much before now. He remembered Acnologia punching him in a giant crystal, then it was all blank. Most likely from the head injury he got from it.

He started walking, where? He didn't know, he just kept walking.

Suddenly the landscape changed to a modern earth School courtyard.

In the distance in front of him he saw his friends, the ones he failed to save. They were running ahead. "Hey! Wait up!" Vic yelled up to them as he started running trying to catch up to them.

He wanted to catch up to them, to be with them, but they were way ahead of him. "Wait up! Please!" he yelled as he started to lose his breath, this body didn't have as much stamina as his old one did, he wanted to talk to them, apologize to them for not being strong enough.

He ran out of breath as he panted and put his hands on his knees as he tried to regain his breath. He looked back in front of him, his old friends gone. "Wait.. up.." he spoke again, even though they were gone.

He stood up fully as he went to try and keep running, as he passed by one of the courtyard trees, the landscape and everything changed again, he was now in the courtyard of Beacon.

He looked around and noticed his hair in his face that he had gotten used to, it was orange, he looked at his hands, they had the muscle he built up from training and rough skin he'd had also gotten used to. He was wearing his casual clothing, but without his cloak.

He was confused as to what was happening. "Vic!" he heard a familiar voice behind him, he turned and was hit with a familiar red blur.

"Ruby?" Vic said as he looked down at the red reaper who was hugging him, she looked up and smiled. He heard more people, he looked in front of him and saw everyone he's met in Remnant so far.

He saw Yang, Tai, Qrow, Weiss, Blake, Pyrrha, Ren, Nora, and Jaune. He saw some people in the back as well, he saw all the teachers of Beacon, as well as Ozpin, he even saw Tukson.

He saw Atlas Flame who towered over everyone else, he couldn't miss him. He saw Mavis and Zeref as well, next to them was a blacked out silhouette of Acnologia.

"What..?" he asked aloud as he was very confused, Ruby let go of Vic as she grabbed his hand.

"Come on! Everyone's waiting for you!" Yang yelled to him, as he saw all sorts of smiles and smirks from everyone in front of him.

He felt a presence behind him, he let go of Ruby's hand as the girl gained a confused look, he turned around and saw himself, his old self, right in front of him.

Brown medium long hair in a ponytail and brown eyes, glasses, he wore the clothes he himself was wearing moments ago.

Vic just stared at his old self, behind his old self he saw his old friends, the ones he couldn't protect, they were smiling. He looked and saw how they were both on different sides, on his side was Beacon's courtyard, and on the other side was his old school's courtyard, it looked like any normal one on Earth.

"We.. had a rough life didn't we?" his old self spoke to him, Vic looked down, and nodded.

"We did indeed.." Vic said to his old self.