The Fall Maiden

Vic POV

Vic had 1 year left of training, before he would keep his promise and return to Ruby, Tai, and Yang. He would keep this promise.

Right now he was in the middle of the forest, training, somewhere outside of Vale, he wasn't sure.

He felt a buzzing in his pocket, it was his scroll. Qrow gave it to him, it was a gift from Ozpin or something, he didn't really need it or use it.

Qrow was calling, he answered it and put it up to his ear. "Yellow?" He said.

He heard Qrow panicking a bit "Kid you're still in Vales forest? Because I need to call in that favor" He heard Qrow ask.

"Yea, I am, what do you need?" Vic asked, he owed Qrow a bit, after all he was the reason he met Tai, Ruby, and Yang, so he owed him a bit. He's also a good guy in Vic's book.

"it's about the fall maiden, we were wondering if you knew healing magic? Or some type of it, because we could really use it, the fall maiden is in trouble." Qrow asked.

"Where are you?" Vic asked, he would help, just because it's Qrow. Qrow told him the location. "Stay there, I'll be there within a minute." Vic told him.

"How are-" Qrow was cut off as Vic hung up and placed the scroll in his back pocket.

"Volt-Yin Dragon's Movement." Vic Spoke as he turned into a black lightning bolt that dove into a shadow, he traveled through shadow after shadow at a high speed, he used the wind to pick up Qrow's smell and found a magical presence, it was weak, and dying slowly.

He jumped out of Qrow's Shadow, who held the maiden, he didn't know her name, he didn't need to. "What the hell!?" was Qrow's reaction. Vic transformed back to normal and landed on the ground. "I'm not gonna ask, do you think you can help her?" Qrow said and asked

Vic kneeled down, half put a hand over here, half of her magic and soul were gone. What the hell happened to her? He had an idea, but he wasn't sure if this would work. 'Yin Dragon's Stabilization Aura' he thought, as a white light surrounded the fall maiden.

Qrow looked at him, "What's that?" he asked.

"It's not exactly healing magic, but it's a type of spell that will make it so she won't be dying. I've basically put a stop to her soul and magic dying, though it can't be stopped fully, so in replace im using my magic to stabilize it, for the time being, I might be able to find a permanent solution, but recovering the soul will take a lot of magic power, I would need the resources to do that." Vic told Qrow.

"Oz might be able to get something to help, what do you need?" Qrow asked.

Vic just smiled and pulled out a dust crystal "dust, fire, lightning, water or ice crystals to be exact.."

Qrow looked at him weirdly. "Why.." he was about to ask but Vic just threw the dust crystal in his mouth, and ate it. "I should stop asking questions with you." Qrow told him, and Vic just chuckled.

They waited a bit with Vic who watched over the Stabilization Aura, he needed to, because he's never dealt with someone with half their soul ripped out.

Soon enough a bullhead landed near them with Ozpin, and Glynda.

Ozpin looked surprised to see him, "Didn't expect to see you here Vic" he told the dragon slayer.

Vic just nodded, "I owed Qrow a favor" Vic said, Ozpin didn't seem phased, both him and Glynda walked over.

"What's this?" Glynda asked, referring to the glowing white aura surrounding the fall maiden.