I need him…

I opened the door and walked inside. After having the most awkward conversation of my life with Harry, I seriously just wanted to head upstairs and into my room. texting Louis about this all and just, well relax. Getting everything off of my mind, because, actually, this isn’t your typical day, right?

I ran with Harry Styles in the park. I passed out and smacked my head on the ground. Went to the hospital for it. Came back with Harry. Took a nap with Harry. Having the most awkward conversation or my life. Well yeah… I can finally say: I had an exhausting day.

“Niall, hunny? Is that you?” my mom called from –what sounded like- the kitchen. I yelled back a quick ‘yes’ before going up the stairs, but she stopped me. “You’re late young boy,”

“I know Ma,” I sighed and just turned back around, to face her.

She crossed her arms over her chest and waited a few seconds. She gave me the ‘Well, are you still going to explain it?’ look, and opened her mouth again. “Well? No excuses? No: It-wasn’t-my-fault’s?” she asked.

“Nope,” was my simple answer. She sighed and then looked at my head, seeing the patch that was on it for stopping the blood from spilling out of my head.

Her eyes softened and she took some steps on the staircase closer to me. “Oh Niall, baby what happened?”

“Nothing Ma. I just fell. It’s nothing big,”

“I know when something is big enough to worry about! I’m your mother and a nurse! Now you ain’t going to tell me that that,” she pointed with her finger to my patch, “isn’t anything big,” she said.

“Ma, please leave it. I’m really not in the mood. I just want to go to bed and sleep,”

“But it’s only twenty to 7pm.,”

“I’m first taking a long, warm bath, and then I’m going to sleep,” I said before walking up the stairs and into my room.

When I was running the bath, I stripped down, and looked again at my reflection in the mirror. I feel like I’m just… just not good enough for him. He’s so freaking well build and I’m… I’m a twink. My body looks like it has never, ever seen abs before. I look like I’m just… just not strong enough to even defense myself. There could be a guy that wants to murder me, and by the looks of it, I wouldn’t be able to stop him.

A soft knock was placed on the door, as I was already lying in bath. Bath foam was all over my body and over the surface. “Niall, baby? Can I come in?”

“I’m naked,” I answered back, not having a care in the world to open my eyes.

I heard the door opening and my mom’s voice was more clear now. “Like as if I never saw you naked before. Don’t you think you came out of me with cloths on, young man. Because if you think that happened, I’m going to talk to your biology teacher from high school,” she chuckled.

I didn’t say a thing, just relaxing in the hot water and trying to block everything out. My mom sat down next to me on the floor and sighed. “Oh, Niall. Baby I know something happened today, and I’m sure it has something to do with your little crush on that boy.” I gave her an annoyed look and she chuckled. “Now before you tell me not to worry or whatever you were even about to say, I’m not saying that you have to tell me what happened. Only know that lying to your mother isn’t easy. Certainly not when the hospital called to ask me if my son was feeling better. Anyway, I’m not here to ground you or annoy you , I’m here to say that, if you need me, I’m here and I will always be here for you. I know that love isn’t easy, and I know that loving someone that maybe doesn’t like you back is even the hardest of love, but believe me in this, baby. I’m not saying tomorrow. I’m not saying next year. But one day, you’ll find your prince charming that will make you happy. I know he’s up there. Even if it’s just that one particular guy that may seem to not have any interest in you,” she ended her speech.

“I love you, Ma. Thanks,”

“I love you more than anything. Now if you excuse me, I’m going downstairs, watching those series I’m addicted to. Tomorrow we’ll have dinner, again, with my –like you call it- boyfriend and his kids. Please be nice and be on time this time. You’ll have no excuses. The only excuse I will take from you is that your crush said he loves you and you two made love. Other than that, you’ll be on time. Got it?”

“Yes Ma’am!” she chuckled and shook her head.

“You’re my little, brave soldier. And I’m proud of you. Now enjoy your bath, my little prince,”

“Thanks Ma,” she nodded and kissed my forehead, before walking out of the bathroom.

It didn’t take me long to get out of the bath tub and into my bed.

I slept a lot this day, yet I still feel so tired. That’s why once I closed my eyes, I stated to dream.

A dream that I would love to make real…