Ex-Husbands Clothes

ابدأ من البداية

She sets them on the small coffee table in front of us, opening the wine with a pop before pouring us a small glass each, handing me mine before getting comfortable on the couch. 

"Do you want to watch some TV?" Once again she seems to have gone all shy, this is very cute.

"Of course. Anything you would recommend?" I push myself back into the corner of the couch, so I can rest my right arm on the arm of the thing and my left one on the back of the cushions. I took my shoes off at the door so I pulled my legs up bending them so they are tucked underneath my body. 

"How about some sitcoms?" 

"Who doesn't love a good sitcom?"

"That's what I'm saying." She laughs out as she grabs the remote to set up the TV show. 

I finish off my glass of wine, leaning forward to place it on the coaster on the coffee table. Wanda offers to refill it but I let her know I only plan on having one, especially if I have to drive home tonight. She goes all quiet for a second before turning to me.

"Why don't you stay tonight?" She looks down at her hands fiddling with her rings.

"Are you sure? I mean I don't have any clothes though." 

"This is going to sound awful, but I have a few of my ex's clothes that I never chucked out in the back of the closet. He is about the same height as you so they should fit. It's nothing major, just a loose shirt and some sweatpants." She shrugs dismissively, still playing with her fingers.

"Guess I can have another glass then." Her head whips up to look at me, a hopeful glint in her eyes as she smiles and nods letting out a small okay before pouring me a fresh glass. 

"I will go get myself changed, then bring out the clothes for you. You can get changed in my room or the bathroom, up to you. I won't be long." She gets up from the couch, but her movements come to a halt. She turns to look at me, then down to my lips so I pucker them up and she leans in to give me a few quick pecks. "I could get used to this." 

"Me too princess. Me too." I let out a sigh of contentment once she leaves the room. I've known her for three days. THREE DAYS! And she already has this hold on me. Now don't go thinking, you're in love with her already, because I'm not...yet. I mean I can see it. There is just this pull, I don't know how to explain it. But whatever is happening between us, I'm not going to stop it from happening. As Wanda disappears into one of the side rooms, my attention is brought down to my phone that goes off a few times. 

Carol: Hey y/n, just checking if you're coming back tonight or not?

C: Also I went to get some spare clothes from your room and saw the picture frame was missing. Did you move it?

C: Don't worry I found it in your draw. Do you want me to put it back on top of your bedside table?

Me: Hey Carol. No, no plans to come home tonight probably in the morning though as Wanda mentioned she had work. As for the picture, you can place it back on the table that would be great. Thank you 😊 

C: She doesn't know, does she?

Me: Of course not, we have known each other for 3 days. No one outside of the situation knows the situation. I mean look what happened with Loki.

C: You will have to tell her at some point.

Me: I know but right now is not that point.

C: Women have a way of finding these things out.

Me: I am a woman so I know. And I know you know I know so no lecturing Me.