I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Lou. Lou, I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry!" I call, walking out my room, closing the door behind me and going over to lean against his door frame. 

He waves me off, grabbing his suitcase which, I'm not sure why he's taking his whole bloody winter wardrobe for a week away from uni but here we are. "It's fine." He brushes past me, holding the suitcase up before setting the wheels to the floor and they click against the hardwood. 

My lips pull down and I walk into the kitchen, grabbing two of his coco pop cereal bars, slipping one into his pocket without a word and playing with the wrapper from mine, crinkling under the pads of my fingers. 

We walk out the room, Zayn and Anne-Marie left yesterday so it's just been me and Louis in the flat last night.

Not much happened, though. We sat and watched a movie together, he read me one of his creative writing pieces, doing voices for each characters which made me giggle. He's such a dramatic git and it made it ten times better. He's a really good writer and I hope he does do it professionally.

We take the lift together instead of the stairs and we're silent, me rubbing my arm and him with his hands stuffed into his pockets, legs slightly apart. The lift dings open and we clamber out, pushing the door to outside open and the cold slaps my face. 

Initiate the teeth chattering. Jesus, why the hell does my body respond to the cold so quickly and so much? 

I see the car beside Louis', the smoke from the exhaust billowing out more due to the chill, lights on which illuminates the concrete path now that the sun has been covered by a thick grey cloud. 

Louis' car blinks to life and he shoves the suitcase into his boot with a thud. He turns around, lips thin. 

I could literally cut the tension with a knife right now. 

He points with a thumb to his boot. "You wanna, maybe, jump in the boot and be a stowaway?" A small smile comes to his face and I let out a breath, all tension lifting. 

I walk closer to him, closing the gap between us and I shake my head, a curl letting loose and falling against my cheek. He brushes it back and tucks it behind my ear with chilly fingers. 

"I'll see you in a week," I reply, bringing his lips to mine for a quick kiss. I hope to fucking God mum isn't watching, how awkward would that be?

He returns the kiss, his lips like a pillow and I just want to crawl onto them and sleep there. He breaks apart, kissing my nose and bringing his cold hand into my own, squeezing it lightly. "Text me, yeah? I'll be bored with the other three. Liam and Zayn will be eating each other out and Niall will just probably, be eating. I'll be a fourth wheel."

I chuckle through my nose at that, biting my bottom lip. "I'll text you," I assure with a quick half nod. 

He pats my bum, stepping away from me and motions with his head toward mum. "Go on, don't wanna keep your mum waiting, she might take me head off."

I laugh outright at that. "Don't be so stupid, she loves you really."

He hums. "Sure she does, everyone does." He goes over to the driver's door of his car, opening it and leaning his forearm against it. "Goodbye, Hazzabear! See ya in a week."

"Say hi to the others for me," I reply, giving a short wave and going over toward mum's car, opening the door to the passenger side. "Bye!" I sing, clambering into the car and slamming the door behind me, automatically grabbing the seat belt and clicking it into place.

"Bye, Harry!" Louis shouts loudly so I'm able to hear through the hum of the heater and the low blast of the music.

I wave at him from over mum and smile, watching him disappear into his car. I turn my attention to mum and my heart sinks.