Twenty Two

Ziiip.

"Lou, can you get off me!" I plead, trying to wedge some extra socks in the side of the suitcase.

Louis lays against my back, arms wrapped around my shoulders whilst his head buries into the crook of my neck. He grunts in reply, tightening his grip.

"I don't want you to go," he mumbles and I bite my lip as my cheeks heat crimson.

"We will see each other–" I say, peeling his hands from my chest. "In the new year. We have two weeks, you can handle that."

"But I can't!" He dramatises, flopping his head onto my shoulder and deeply sighing. "You're like oxygen to me, if you're not with me, I may as well be a goner."

"No wonder you take theatre," I mumble and he flicks my forehead, making me snort. "Two weeks is fourteen days. We never knew each other four months ago, I think you can deal with fourteen days apart." I untangle myself from the cross legged position, hoisting myself up off the floor with Louis still glued to my back.

I walk us out my room, wheeling the suitcase with me and into the kitchen, plonking him down onto the kitchen counter. I go to leave him there to make a tea before mum shows up but he clearly has better ideas, because I'm suddenly being pulled toward him and wedged between his legs, his arms lazily laying on either shoulder, eyes scanning mine, lips in a pout.

I bop his nose and lay my head on his chest, hearing his heart beat slowly thump, thump. He begins carding his fingers through my longish curls, pulling them ever so slightly which causes my heart to backflip.

"I'm just gonna miss you, is all," he mutters, patting my head.

I nod into his chest. "I'll miss you too, Lou. But it'll be alright, you have all the boys with you to keep you company, and I'll have Squeak to look after!" I grin at the thought of Squeak, Louis prods my right dimple.

"I'm so jealous of that cat. I want to see him again, he was cute."

I hum in agreement, lifting my head off his chest and wiggle myself out of his grip in order to make us a tea. "So where's Marie and Zayn?" I ask, flipping the kettle on and beginning to prepare the tea.

Louis raises a shoulder. "Zayn'a gone to Liam's but I think Marie is still here, hold on." He turns his head toward the bedroom doors, yelling, "Marie! Are you home, love?"

There's an instant reply of a muffled shout, "yeah!" And Marie comes bustling into the room with her suitcase, trying to throw a bag over her shoulder. "Fucking can't believe they're making us do an assignment over break! We just did one, the meaning of break is for us to have a break!" She shakes her head, dumping everything in the hallway and coming back to fish her flamingo cup from the cupboard, settling it down beside Louis' and I's cup.

I create three teas, handing everyone theres. "I'm annoyed too, the book was boring enough and the question is really difficult to understand. Why do they have to complicate things? Use simple words so I can at least understand what you want from me."

Marie hums into her mug, rippling the tea slightly. She catches a droplet from her lip, sighing after. "I'll miss you guys."

"It's only two weeks, we can manage," I declare, walking over to Louis so I can be between his legs again. The butterflies erupt when he hooks his leg over my waist, pulling my in that much closer. (It feels nice but I'm not going to be obsessive over it. No sir.)

Anne-Marie's phone pings and she fishes it out of her pocket. Her eyes widen and she quickly dumps her cup into the sink, going over towards the hallway. "My mums here! I'll see you guys in the new year!" She comes over, pumps slapping against the hardwood floor. She brings us both into a hug and rushes out the door.