Twelve

"So, who's driving?" Marie asks, her head upside down as she gathers up her pink hair and pulls it into a messy bun at the top of her head, bringing a few strands down to frame her face. 

I pull down the sleeves to my thick grey knit jumper, sniffing and giving a light shrug. 

Louis comes out his room, pulling at the denim jacket he's got on. "Me n Niall will drive," He declares, swinging his keys around his finger and the key chain there clashes with the key with loud clink, clink, clink.

Niall, who's leaning against the door frame of the front door, rolls his eyes at Louis, sighing dramatically. "Alright, fine. But I'm not having both Z and Li in my car, they'll be doing each other in the back and I don't want my poor, innocent mind or eyes seeing that shit."

A smile breaks through then. I haven't smiled much this whole week, with what my dad's funeral was Monday and it still very much fucking hurts. Louis' the one that's been able to make me smile the most, even if it's for a second. He cuddled up with me yesterday, reading the book I had to read with me in Marie's room, all of us listening to the music she had on her record player. It was a nice moment, peaceful. But when it's peaceful, my mind decides to come to play with all the shit that's happened and it made it hard to breathe. Louis anchored me in the moment, though, asking me questions about the book to keep me in the here and now. 

He brushes his thumb against the back of my hand, snapping me back to now where I'm standing in the middle of the hallway, boots on. He holds out the beanie and I shove it onto my head with a weak grin.

"I cannot believe you don't want our sexy asses in your car, Ni," Zayn announces as he comes out his room with Liam trailing behind. 

I take a glance at Liam and notice he's wearing a black polar neck jumper but it doesn't hide the red and purple hued splodge on his neck. Not to mention he's wearing Zayn's red scarf lazily around his neck. 

"You two will suck each other off into oblivion, it's not something I want to see or hear," Niall declares with an unamused shake of his head.

"We've heard Louis get sucked off into oblivion plenty of times," I mumble under my breath, causing Marie to bark out a laugh and Louis to hit me upside the head. 

"Shut the fuck up, Harold and move out the way," He bites but there's a smile quirking his lips. 

I step aside, spinning the silver ring around and around my finger, looking down at the hardwood floor. 

"Right then, are we all ready to get scared shitless?" Niall asks, clapping and rubbing his hands together with a shit-eating grin on his face. 

Louis nods with a hoot and Marie jumps onto Niall's back, her platformed boots dangling either side. He laughs, hooking his arms under her jean covered legs and runs out the door with her, making her shriek. 

"You okay, Harry?" Liam asks, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

I nod. "Just a little anxious, never done anything like this before," I admit quietly, looking into his soft brown eyes that remind me of the richest of honey dipped in a pool of milk chocolate.

"You'll be alright, we're all here and no one is gonna murder you," He assures.

"Though, they do come running at you with a chainsaw," Zayn informs before waving the comment off. "Don't worry, the blade ain't in it, it's fake."

"Lou remember the time they chased you in the maze and you got so scared, you tripped them up and had a full blown argument at them?" Liam asks, looking at Louis behind his shoulder whilst we walk out the block of flats and into the cold night.