Fourteen

I shuck on the jacket over my black tee. 

Zayn helped me customise and decorate it for this party, since he's the artsy one out of us all. We went to town yesterday, just the two of us which was really nice. I got to catch up with him and we just talked and asked questions and I learnt so much from him. 

Throughout the whole way around the shops, I learnt that he's also Bi, him and Liam are dating (it's quite hush hush but the others know so it's okay if I accidentally blurt it out), he has three sisters; Safaa who's 12, Waliyha who's 16 and Doniya who's only a few years older than us. He's wanting to become an English teacher or a journalist once he's finished and he told me his first wages of his first full time job, he'll spend on a pet.

We found the jacket at a charity shop and we found some fabric that's very close to resemble the fabric needed for my costume, Zayn busying himself with making some tasseled and sewing it onto the jacket. That's where I found out his mum taught him out to sew when he was younger because he had trousers that kept ripping but he loved too much he didn't want to rid them just yet. 

He did a great job and I'm excited about showing everyone my costume that isn't quite done yet.

"Anne-Marie!" I shout out as loud as I can. "Marie!"

"You alright, Hazza?" Louis yells through the wall.

"Get Marie!" I shout back.

I hear a faint pounding on a wall and then there's footsteps and my door is being swung open. 

"What?" Marie asks, a makeup brush in her hand that's on her hip. She's got half her face done in creepy doll look.

I clasp my hands together pleadingly. "Can I borrow your hair straighteners?"

She grins. "Want me to do it for you?"

I nod. "Please, I'll only singe off my hair other wise." I turn to the narrow mirror, bringing one of my curls into my fingers and watching it spring back again.

She comes back with her hair straighteners, plugging it into the wall and sitting on my bed, patting the space in front of her. I sit there.

"I like your jacket," She says, running the straighteners through my hair and I can just about smell the scent of burning before it quickly disperse when she takes my hair from the straightener.

I cross my legs, fiddling with the hem of the jacket. "Zayn did most of it."

She nods. "He's a good little artist. Surprised he didn't take it as his main course."

I nod at that. 

She continues straightening my hair until it's done. I look in the mirror and grin. My hair is longer than his was but it'll do, I'm not cutting it, no way Jose, took me long enough to grow it to this length. 

"Thank you," I say, giving her a quick hug before taking off my jeans to put on the grey trousers and large buckle belt. 

"Alright, gonna go finish off me now." She gets up, walking out the room.

I send a picture of my outfit to mum and she sends a thumbs up. She's been very quiet since dad died, so Gemma went to stay at home for a while until mum gets back to somewhat her bubbly self again.

I sigh, tossing my phone on the bed. I mentally grabs my anxiety and tighten a lid over the top of it inside an imaginary bottle. It's not to come out, the sadness will not overpower me today. Just one fucking day where I can be a normal uni student without the anxiety swallow me up and the sadness consuming me, thanking you kindly.