sun

Santana pov

from Britt <3: thanks for having me over last night, i missed it, well i missed u :)

My head was just full of racing thoughts, the dials were ticking inside over and over just wondering what to reply back to her. Every time I would write something it was never what I wanted to really tell her, it never felt right, I had so much to say but I didn't know how to say it.

To Britt <3: me too, is tomoz still on ?

So I just said that. Basically nothing.

from Britt <3: yes ofc ill see u there and don't forget ur bikini ;)

My breath instantly hitched, eyes wide. Why does she have to be so goddamn, so goddamn ugh Brittany.

I threw my phone across the room and flopped back letting my head sink into the pillows. All I could do was just look up at the plain ceiling. How did it come to this? Why do I have to be feeling these stupid feelings for her! it's not fair. Actually you know what it's probably nothing. I'm sure most girls think about kissing their best friends right? Yeah let's just go with that.

But even then, I felt something in my heart, something tugging inside of me, begging for release. I let my eyelids slowly close and my body allow itself to sleep.

————-
Brittany's POV

Oh my god so I totally couldn't muster up the courage to even bring up the topic of conversation that was the reason I literally asked to go over for. I could've just had the courage to be straight up and ask her but NO I had to chicken out. Like always everything in my head just disappears when I'm with her, I can't even think straight.

I snap myself out of my thoughts when I heard my phone chime.

San <3: I'm leaving now be there in 10 x

Shit I had invited her over to chill by my pool today and I have just been wallowing and now she's going to be here ANY second and I haven't even gotten dressed. I must impress her. I quickly run over to my dresser and pick out my best bikini, white with red polka dots, she won't be able to resist me surely not. I untied my ponytail, combing it out and letting it splay over my shoulders. I rushed to put on my denim shorts, i was just putting my head through my shirt when the doorbell ring. Oh my, my hands are shaking, I'm kind of nervous for some reason.

I ran down the stairs and opened the door revealing a very... hot looking Santana. I felt my cheeks instantly heat up. She was wearing short black shorts showing off like all of her leg, with a little black crop top that was riding up just past her bellybutton revealing the lower part of her stomach.

"Hey." She said eyeing me up and down.

"H-hi oh hi you're here great come come." God why was I so nervous it's just Santana my best friend we go to my house all the time.

She pulled me in for a hug and the smell of her perfume hit my nose. I hugged her tight and we pulled back, she looked a little flush, huh wonder why.

"Hmm you look cute Britt." She said turning away from me and towards the backyard, leaving me blushing like crazy and standing there like an idiot. "By the way, your shirt is inside out." She chuckled lowly as she walked outside. I rolled my eyes, of course it's inside out.

Santana POV

I hastily tried to get out of her view and to the pool because she could not have seen my blushing. She looked so good in her denim shorts and her top, regardless of it literally being inside out the dork manages to make it look good. I seated myself on one of her lounge chairs beside the pool. My legs shut together an and my hands were held together resting atop my legs, i can't stop acting so weird around her now. I don't know if she knows what I said that night still, and it's killing me. This weird feeling in my stomach when I look at her isn't helping either.

She comes out with her shirt facing now the right way holding two glasses of iced lemonade smiling from ear to her when her eyes meet mine. I meet her smile and shy away looking at my feet.

"For the lovely lady." She says handing my the glass of lemonade.

"Why thank you, what lovely service this is." I replied softly smiling as she plopped herself in the chair beside mine.

"So I guess we can't do much sunbaking with our clothes still on right?" She snickered and stood up beginning to unbutton her shorts. I tried to look away, but my eyes couldn't seem to leave her. She was undoing one button at a time and it seemed as if she was doing it purposely slow. She finally wiggled out of her shorts and began tugging at the bottom of her shirt and pulling it over her head. She was standing there with her polka dot bikini and her abs. Her many abs. My jaw was on the floor and I felt my hands grow sweaty. I had seen her plenty of times like this pull yourself together Santana. So I stood up and pulled my shorts down my legs revealing my black bikini bottom. Brittany was still standing in front of me, just looking directly at me. I turned around and pulled my shirt up over my head, finally out of the clothes. It was almost as if it was one less barrier between us. The air felt instantly thick, none of us spoke.

Brittany finally turned her head "come on the pools waiting."

She walked ahead of me and I tried not to look down. Just straight ahead focusing on the pool yep. Brittany stepped into the water and instantly dived head first swimming to the middle.

"Come in San, what are you scared." She quipped smirking back up at me.

"Pfft as if, I was just um enjoying the last few moments of warmth."

"Sure you were." She replied as she disappeared underneath the water once again.

————