"yea, i'm coming,"

he picks up his duffel bag coming towards layla who moved back when he went to put his arm around her, "you actually texted him," hunter opened his mouth, when drew answered.

"my mom has cancer, i was just coming to see her and i saw hunter,"

layla frowned remembering when drew's mother sandra first got diagnosed with lung cancer it was at a dinner party as they were celebrating drew and layla being together for six months with his family, "oh, i'm sorry,"

drew played with his ring, "i um, i'm gonna go to her room," hunter looked to layla as drew walked away from them, "really layla?"

hunter shook his head walking ahead of layla going to her car that he remembered, "hunter—" she unlocked her car with hunter putting his duffel bag into her back seats.

hunter gets into her passenger seat, layla ran a hand through her hair before getting into the driver's seat of her car turning to her first boyfriend, "dee, come on, i didn't know,"

"you didn't know but you still had to be a bitch right?"

layla opened her mouth in shock, hunter had never called her anything like that before, "h-he—" hunter shook his head sighing, "i just wanna go home,"

layla started her car's engine, "yeah," she bit her lip, "dee, look, i-" hunter turned to his first girlfriend, "i know what happened between you two okay, he was a shit boyfriend, he should have never put his hands on you but you talking to him like that, it wasn't-that wasn't you,"

he shook his head as lay turns into her ex boyfriend's road, "that wasn't the layla who i knew, well supposed to know," layla stopped her car in front of hunter's parents driveway, "i'm sorry,"

hunter grabbed his duffel bag from where he sat, "you both just need to apologise to each other and work things out," layla lets out a sigh when hunter closed layla's red corsa door closed with his duffel bag slung over his shoulder.

____

layla comes towards the kitchen where she sees her mother drinking a glass of orange juice, "hey mama," amy smiles at her daughter, "hi sweetheart, is everything okay?"

layla leans against their kitchen counter looking at her mother, "did you know drew's mom is in the hospital?" amy nods her head, "of course i knew sweetie, she's been in there for two weeks now,"

"why? did something happen?"

layla looked at her mother, "obviously drew was with hunter when i came to hunter's hospital room, and words were been thrown, and i was shouting," amy makes a face, "i am so angry at him mom, drew hurt me so much,"

amy nods her head, "i know," she comes towards her daughter letting layla put her head on her mother's shoulder tearing up, "and hunter is mad at me, and he wants me and drew to apologise to each other and work things out,"

she frowned, "but i can't mom, i can't work things out with drew, cause i'm scared, i'm scared he'll hurt me again," amy rubbed her daughter's back, "he did some stupid things, and drew has apologised to me, your father and your siblings,"

layla furrowed her eyebrows, "when did that happen?" amy pulls back from her daughter, "before you and noah came here," layla nods her head, "so....i'm gonna apologise to him?"

amy nods her head, "uh-huh and he's going to apologise to you too," layla lets out a breath, "okay," she half smiles at her mom, "i've missed you mama," amy smiled at layla, "i've missed you too sweetheart,"

____

layla comes downstairs where she hears people talking downstairs, stopping at the last step she sees drew standing at their front door, "h-hey, can we um talk outside?"

layla turns her head to her family who nod their heads knowing that they will be watching everything from the window, "o-okay," she puts her sliders on coming outside onto her front porch.

she sat down on the bench they had, "look—" drew stopped when he hears layla staring to talk, the both of them chuckled, "i wanted to say i'm sorry for what i said back at the hospital, it's just—"

drew stopped her, "i was a bad boyfriend, i should of never put my hands on you, i know that and i regretted it after we broke up," he stated honestly, "i'm happy that anna is treating you right,"

layla smiles at the mention of her girlfriend, "yeah, she is.." drew nods his head, "i'm sorry as well," layla looked at him, as they spoke more about themselves when drew looked at his ex girlfriend, "friends?"

layla nods her head at drew's question, "friends," she looked at drew who held out his hand when layla moved drew's hand away, embracing her ex boyfriend in her arms, "okay,"

drew moved back away from layla, "so, how's your mom doing?" drew looked at her sighing, "she's not doing so great right now, she's loosing more of her hair,"

layla frowned, "i always loved her hair," drew chuckled, "i remember.. when you use to say, sandra, i want hair just like yours," layla looked at drew, "she's my superhero along with my parents,"

drew hummed, when layla smiles, "i've got an idea," drew looked at her, "tomorrow, come by here, and pick me up at 12am, we'll go to the hospital together, i have something for your mom,"

drew half smiled, "okay cool," he stands up from the bench of the beck's front porch seeing noah and tatum looking at him, drew knew he needed to earn back their trust and he was gonna do that.

"12am?" layla nods her head, "i'll see you then," she stands up from the bench hugging drew, pulling back, "bye,"