I'm Proud of you

Welcome back to the chapter number 169 of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Tsunade looked down at both Naruto and Nimato with a heavy frown on her face the fight was a little hard to see due to both of them being little dots but she knew just by looking that something wrong was happening she also knew that Naruto's body would be giving out around about now.

"What's a happening down there Katsuyu-sama" Tsunade heard Sakura ask and the slug summon looked towards Tsunade briefly before turning towards Sakura.

"The fight is, well it's...almost evenly matched however Naruto-kun is injured he's unable to stand up and he seems to be in immense pain" Katsuyu stated confirming Tsunade's fears the disease was almost at the end of its cycle and there was now no cure for Naruto due to the village being destroyed.

"That's great we should use this chance to finish him off he's a criminal after all" One of the Konoha shinobi's behind Tsunade stated and many other shinobi's and civilians who had been saved due to Tsunade nodded their head in agreement as to them Naruto was still a traitor.

"He's fighting to help us" Ino argued back to them however they all just looked at her as if she was crazy.

"So...he betrayed us first by running off" Someone argued back however the killing intent that swept through the area caused everyone to get a cold sweat.

"Shut up and don't make me regret saving all of your worthless hides...we aren't going to do anything as right now those two down there are the only hopes this village has of surviving so unless you want to go down there and help them fight shut your damn mouth" Tsunade stated angrily and everyone who had been in agreement to go down there to finish Naruto while he was down looked away in shame before sitting down and observing the fight.

"What should we do Tsunade-sama?" Sakura asked worried for both Naruto and Nimato the two were in an unbelievable dangerous situation.

"We just have to believe in them...they are the sons of two of the greatest heroes Konoha has seen after all" Tsunade replied back she herself wanted to go down there and help but at her current state she'd be nothing but a hindrance to the two.

0°0°0°0°0°0

Naruto watched as Nimato narrowly avoided being skewered by one of Pain's rods it was frustrating being this useless on the battlefield. It was infuriating to think he was having to watch his brother fight all alone out there against Pain especially considering it seemed Pain was trying to maim Nimato to the point he couldn't move.

Nimato panted as he jumped out of the way from one of Pain's attempts to impale his leg with the rod in his hand he could tell Pain was trying to stop him from moving.

"How long can you keep this up? You realize fighting me by yourself is suicide I will capture you and I will extract your Bijuu and you will die" Pain stated swiping the rod in his hand before running towards Nimato again and the two began to clash Nimato blocking Pain's hits with a kunai in his hand.

Nimato struggled defending Pain off as each swing he made with the rod felt like it was going to break his kunai in half without his Sage Mode fighting Pain was almost impossible due to the fact Pain was an overall better fighter. Pain noticing Nimato's struggle in keeping up swiped Nimato's kunai to the side knocking it out of his hand and quickly out of his other sleeve Pain pulled out another rod.