Join The Rebel

Welcome back to the fourteenth chapter of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Naruto watched as he carried Shurui out of the room before looking back towards Mei he could see she was tired she rubbed her forehead and slumped over on the chair before looking at Naruto her green emerald eye locking onto his Azure's.

"I...know you saved my grandparent's life but could you please remove your hood it would put me at ease to see the face of who I'm talking to" Mei asked seriously, Naruto thought for a second before shrugging.

"It's understandable I'm assuming you're the leader of this rebel army and you can't take risks when it comes to new people" Naruto stated before taking off his hood and showing his facial features.

Mei blushed slightly as she saw Naruto's face and hair the spiky blonde hair and two large bangs which fell just beneath his chin framing his face. The blue azure eyes of his made her feel like she was looking into the sea. If she was being honest she would have to say Naruto was the best looking man she had ever seen, she could also tell he was quite young despite being as tall as her.

"I would also like your name" Mei said gathering her senses and fought back the blush.

"Naruto" He said with a straight face as he watched Mei.

"Well...Naruto, I'd like to thank you for saving my grandparents you'll have to forgive their behavior usually they are cheerful however as you know they have just lost their daughter and my auntie" Mei said giving Naruto a small smile.

"It's no problem...the death of someone close is never easy" Naruto said fighting back memories.

"How old are you Naruto if you don't mind me asking" Mei said calmly.

"14" Naruto answered while Mei's eyes widened slightly.

"So...young...yet so mature, why is that?" Mei asked.

"Personal reasons" Naruto stated while closing his eyes.

"Fair enough...maybe one day I'll earn your trust for you to tell me, however my grandmother also said that this was your first time in Kirigakure, for what reasons have you come for?" Mei asked narrowing her eyes ever so slightly.

"I...am not certain yet, I was told to come here as there where answers I was looking for" Naruto stated while frowning.

"I see...it's rare to see someone that is able to take out 3 hunter-nins and it's also rare to see someone with the Moukton ability...perhaps you should stay with us...and help us in this war who knows you may find your answers in doing so" Mei said however Naruto could also hear the desperation in her voice.

He knew the moment she had heard about his abilities she would try to recruit him and by the looks of things they were desperate...however he also knew in participating in this war he would eventually have to reveal himself as soon he would have monikers and with his similar appearances to his father word would spread around fast that the oldest son of the Yondaime was still alive.

"I-I" Naruto stuttered as watched as Mei's face turned into one of disappointment as if almost knowing what he was going to say.

"It's really something isn't it, that no matter how painful our lives are, there will always be those who are the complete opposite and are always happy...kind of makes you a little jealous doesn't it"