V:2 Chapter 9, Mountain Glenn

Last Time:

Team RWBBY made it to Mountain Glenn with doctor Oobleck.  Once there they get to work clearing out Grimm and looking for the white fang's hideout.  While clearing out packs of Grimm Oobleck asks Blake, Weiss and Yang why they wanted to be Huntresses.  After making camp they sit around talking about their reasons for choosing this line of work and ask Bart why he wasn't questioned by their instructor.  

This Time:

Location: Beacon Airstrip,

General Ironwood is standing on the edge of the airstrip overlooking the city of Vale.  In the night the only light available are the lights of the city, the shattered moon in the sky and the faint blue glow of the lights in the ground.  Glynda Goodwitch approaches from behind as the clicking of her heels catches the generals attention.  He turns to see the professors approach with beacon lit up behind her. 

"Trouble sleeping?" Glynda asks in a gentle voice.  "Arm was acting up" Ironwood says holdiong his left arm.  "Oh, of course. so logically you got out of bed, dressed yourself completely and made your way here to gaze menacingly out into the distance" Glynda says with a fair amount of sass.  They are both silent for a second before Glynda's gaze softens. "What's wrong James?" she asks as they stand there overlooking the sleeping city.   

The general doesn't respond right away before letting out a small sigh.  "I've trusted Ozpin for years, we both have. I just can't help but feel like he's keeping us in the dark" Ironwood says softly.  "Don't be ridiculous, you of all people know very well that we are not the one's in the dark" is the reply he gets.  "Well that just makes it worse" he says quickly though there isn't any malice or ill intentions put behind his words.

""I refuse to believe that a man I've trusted for so long would act so passively" he says with a shake of his head.  "You're not a bad person James, you've done what you think is best for the people. Doing what you think is best for the people even against strong protest, it's admirable. But it's high time you stop talking about trust and start showing it" Glynda says as she puts a gentle hand on his shoulder.  

"Ozpin has shown us that he has experience that the rest of us lack and I think that's something worth remembering" she continues as she removes her hand from his shoulder.  They stay silent for a few more seconds.  "What do you think of that boy Ozpin has brought on board? I mean, do you really think that he's able to handle something so large?" Ironwood asks out of the blue.  Glynda thinks for a second about how she should reply.

"Mr. West has proven since arriving here that he is very skilled an knowledgeable about many things.  In fact it wasn't Ozpin's intention to inform him of what's really happening behind the scenes.  He started piecing things together and when it became clear that he would eventually find out more Ozpin made the decision to bring him into our inner circle" she replies simply

"But he's just a child, one without manners at that" Ironwood says shortly.  "Yes, he may be just a child but if his stories, pictures and videos that he has provided are anything to go off of he is also very skilled, used to making hard choices and dedicated to protecting others. Not to mention he's seen things neither of us could even begin to imagine. As for the lack of respect, I don't think that is quite what he is doing.  It might seem like that but I really think he means for us to question how we're going about things even if his methods are unusual.  They often rarely have malice behind them. I think that if you give him a chance and try to see things from his perspective than you might actually get along, and possibly learn a thing or two along the way" Glynda says with a slight tilt of her head as she fixes her glasses.  Ironwood gives a hum in response as he ponders what was just said to him.