V:2 Chapter 3, A Minor Hiccup

Location: Beacon Academy, Professor Ports class

3rd person POV:

Professor Port is currently in the middle of a class walking back and forth as he tells another one of his stories from the past.  Weiss is sitting in the first row with Jaune just to her right.  She has her head leaning on her hand as a virtual clock blinks in front of her reading three-fifty nine.  "So Weiss" Jaune says sliding over leaning towards the white haired girl.  "Oh boy it's Jaune's daily attempt to ask Weiss out" Bart whispers to Ruby.  "I bet she'll just ignore him, last time she denied him right off the bat" Ruby says back.  "Nah, my bet is she'll ignore him until class is over and then brush off his attempt" Bart says with a smirk.  While they felt bad for the blonde boy they got used to this happening.  Honestly they think he should just move on especially since Bart has noticed how Pyrrha seems to like him.  

"You know uh, I was thinking that after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat?" Jaune continues his attempt at asking her out only to receive no answer.  "And uh, you know well I-I've got two tickets to that Spruce Willis movie if you want to make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome." he says after not getting a response.  "Aaand... then maybe after that we could, study together?" Jaune says floundering at this point.  "I mean you're smart and I'm a, you know" he continues with a little less confidence.  Suddenly the bell rings and Weiss perks up packing away her stuff.  "And then I- Oh, uh, timed that one wrong I guess.  Well the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait.  until next time" Port says having his story cut short.  

"Weiss did you hear me?" Jaune asks as Weiss stands.  "No, no, no, yes" Weiss says walking past him to leave.  Jaune lets out a defeated sigh and slams his head on the desk as the rest of team RWBBY walks past him.  "One day" Yang says as she ruffles his hair.  "How are you always able to do that, can you secretly see the future? Oh, what am I going to have for dinner later?" Ruby asks as she shakes Bart's arm back and forth.  "No ruby, I can't see the future. It's actually really easy once you get a simple understanding of psychology. I'm also just really good at reading people" Bart says laughing at his leaders antics.  "It's still a very useful skill to have" Blake says walking next to her teammates.

Once back in their dorm room they start to gear up.  Ruby laces her boots while Weiss checks her weapon.  Blake adjusts the ribbons around her wrist and Yang loads her guantlets with more shotgun shells.  "ugh, finally, I thought that class would never end" Blake says turning away from the window.  "Alright guys, todays the day.  The investigation, begins!" Ruby announces as she hops off the top bunk onto the floor.  Weiss leans back to avoid being stepped on by Ruby.  "I'm glad to see we're taking this so seriously" Weiss says flatly.  "Hey! We've got a plan.  That's... moderately serious" Yang says as she looks down from the top bunk of her bed.  Bart for the first time speaks up now in his super suit.  "Hey, all great missions must first have a great plan" he says as he adjusts his goggles. 

"Right! Everyone remember their roll?" Ruby asks bouncing a little. "You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other dust Robberies, or inconsistencies.  Seeing as I'm in the family it shouldn't be a problem" Weiss says proudly.  "The white fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members.  If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning" Blake says.  "I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale.  Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard" Yang says crossing her arms with a smirk.  "And while I'm going with Yang should anything go wrong.  With my speed should anyone else need assistance, I'll race right over to help" Bart says flashing a smile and a thumbs up. 

"Great, we'll meet up tonight near Yang and Bart to go over what we've found. Lets do this!" Ruby says with a smile and a fist pump.  "Yeah!" a sixth voice says from outside the window.  They all turn to see Sun hanging upside down from his tail looking into the Dorm.  they all back up from the window in surprise except from Bart who smirks.  "Dude, that's a little weird.  what if one of us what changing" Bart says with a laugh.  "Sun! How did you get up there?" Yang says ignoring what Bart says.  "Ah, it's easy I do it all the time" the monkey faunus replies making Bart look on with a blank expression.  "Dude, you're not really helping with what I said" Bart says.  "You do what?!" Weiss yells now catching the implications Bart was throwing down.