V:1 Chapter 9, The stray

Last Time:  Professor Goodwitch brings her class to forever Falls for a field trip.  Jaune still being blackmailed by Cardin is told to do something that would end up hurting his friends.  After refusing and a small altercation with Cardin they are faced with an Ursa Major.  Jaune defeats the Grimm  with a little unknown help from Pyrrha's semblance.  Back at the school Jaune Accepts the help Pyrrha offered with Bart also offering to help.

This Time:  

Team RWBY (-Bart) 3rd Person POV:

It had been a little while since the field trip to Forever Falls and things have been going back to normal but the others could tell there was something Bart was hiding from them.  The only person with a slight clue as to what it is was Yang due to their run in with the Speed Force.  The end of the first semester was quickly approaching and the other student's from the other kingdom's were starting to arrive for Vytal Festival.  

The sun cam be seen shining through the window of team RWBBY's dorm room but a certain speedster is absent.  Ruby sits up with a yawn as the rest of the team can be seen stirring in their sleep also waking up.  As they go about the morning Weiss will not stop going on about the festival coming up.  "I just can't believe the time for the festival is already arriving" Weiss goes on as Yang Rolls her eyes.  "Yah, we know.  You've said that about seven times now" The blonde girl replies.  "OH, I know! We should head to Vale and scout- I mean, welcome the students from the other kingdoms" Weiss says standing quickly.  "I think we're missing someone" Blake says looking up from her book and pointing to Bart's empty bed.   Ruby walks over and picks up the piece of paper on his pillow. 

'Dear team,

I decided that I was going to get an early start on the day and head to Vale for some shopping.  How fun, I know (Please read that sarcastically).  I will be back but I have a feeling Weiss will want to come down and "Welcome the student's from there Kingdoms".  I do have my scroll on me so if you need anything you can always reach me that way.  

Your local speedster and teammate,

Bart'

Is what the note in the young leaders hand read.  She was reading it out to the rest of the team making Yang Laugh.  "He knew exactly what you were going to say.  I guess there could be a worse way to spend the Friday off though" Ruby says while chuckling.

Bart's POV:

I was walking around Vale looking at all the different shops and people walking around.  "Oh, Hi Bart" A familiar voice says behind me.  Turning to see who walk talking I quickly smile and rush said person into a hug.  "Hey velvet.  How's it going" I say as I let her go seeing her red face.  "Oh sorry, my brother used to say I was pretty quick to give hugs" I tell her rubbing the back of my neck.  "So this is Bart.  The one that helped you with Cardin?" A girl I don't know says next to Velvet.  She is a teenage girl with fair skin, short dark-brown hair, and dark-brown eyes. She has wavy locks on one side of her face, dyed with a gradient that starts as dark brown and transitions to caramel.

Her clothes consist of a long, cocoa-colored shirt with an upturned layered frill collar with a black single strapped waist cincher. She wears tight black leather trousers that have golden lining around the pocket and ribbons attached to the back of a golden zipper seam around her knees. A black golden studded belt is normally hidden by a large cocoa-colored belt with gun cartridges on the left side and a large golden crosshair buckle. A large piece of black fabric is attached to her belt hanging down on her right side. She wears a pair of dark black, high-heeled leather calf-high boots with golden buckles. Also donning a number of accessories, such as a bracelet with black roses as decoration; these are accompanied by black gloves and three beaded necklaces alongside a black scarf tied around her collar. She wears a black beret with a cocoa brown trim and a pair of black, wire-rimmed aviator sunglasses. She is seen holding a black shoulder bag with gold studs, which is held by a bandolier strap