|Three|

Hyunjin•

I woke by the sound of my alarm. Groaning I turn to my side and turn it off. I pull myself up and rest my head on the headboard.

I close my eyes for a second and then open it again. I blink for a few times to shake off the sleepiness.

I sigh and get up, stretched myself and walk to the curtains.

I pull it open and look out of the big window. The scenery outside was beautiful. Birds chirping happily. The sky a beautiful blue with traces of orange. Clouds here and there decorating the sky. A light wind passes by causing the leaves to dance. (A/N: for reference, look at the image)

I open the window and take a sharp intake of breath. I did not know when my eyes soften but as soon as it did, it became cold again. As if it never existed.

***

I was in the Royal hall with my mom and dad. Jeongin was by right side. On my left side was my personal knight; Seo Changbin and my assassin; Bang Christopher Chan who also goes by the name Chan.

Though they worked for me, they were the only friends I had. The only ones I trust and the only ones who despite seeing my vulnerable sight, instead of showing me pity as everyone else did, they just smiled and gave me company. I would trade them for nothing.

I was not paying attention to what father and mother was saying until I heard the word 'Engagement'.

"What?, Excuse me for my rudeness but could you repeat what you said?", Saying so my voice cooled down immediately.

"Me and your father thinks that it's about time that you take on the 'king's reputation' and give us a heir.", My mother said, "But since we know that you have no intention of marrying any one of your suitors, we think we should make an alliance with the Xing Family to engage you and her daughter together."

"WHAT?!", I exclaimed in anger. I don't fucking care if you're my parents or not but you are not going to make decisions in my life. "Sorry Father and Mother but I will not accept this."

"You will have to accept it if you want to be the next king." This time it was father who spoke.

"YOU CAN'T FUCKING FORCE ME TO!", I roared in anger and stomped out of the hall. 

***(A/N: time skip again[⊙﹏⊙])

I was in the back garden, sitting under the shade of a Big tree.

My eyes closed, I relive all the memories with her. Her smiles, her giggles, her scoldings, whenever she was angry and most of all her last smile.

I still remember that day as if it was just yesterday. The day she told me she was tired of everything. I was ignorant and didn't thought much until that call.

[???'s P.O.V]

"Where is she!?, Fuck it. If anything happens to her I will burn each and everyone of you.", A boy around 10 years roared at the people in the room. He was crying. He felt scared, anxious, angry, all type of negative emotions.

"I. Said. Find. Her.", Just as he was about to lose the last string of patience, someone came rushing into the hall.

"Young prince! Young prince! It's
Young princess' call."

"Give it to me. Now!", The boy yelled at the poor servant. He grabbed the phone with trembling hands. He put it near his ear and starts with a shaking voice. "N-Noona... W-where are y-you? I- I promised you t-the red r-rose, I-I have i-it with m-me. N-Noona. P-please c-come b-back.. I-I swear I-I will be a g-good b-boy..."*sobs*

"Jinnie..", A soft velvet voice could be heard from the other caller. "I will not come back.. Be good. I'm tired. I'm tired of everything. You will be a great king. I know. Jinnie. Promise me you will never do bad things, okay?"

"N-Noona what are y-you s-saying? N-Noona I'm scared."

" I want to see you for a last time. Switch it to video call."

"N-Noo-" before the boy could complete his sentence, the other person switched it to video call. Hyunjin look at the other person. A face with sharp jawlines, a straight nose, thin pink lips, sharp eyebrows and cat-like eyes. The face which once held so much happiness now was filled with tears. Sadness seemed to be overflowing from her beautiful eyes.

"I love you Jinnie, just remember that you were, are and forever going to be my brother. Okay", Then amidst the sadness, she smiled. A genuine beautiful smile.

Before Hyunjin had time to process what was happening. He saw his noona falling back with tear-strained face. She closed her eyes and smiled once again. Then the screen went black.

Hyunjin  dropped to his knees and balled his eyes out.

My eyes shot open. I raised my hand to touch my cheeks and find them wet. I bowed my head down and chuckled. I raised my head up towards the sky, and smiled.

"I broke your promise Noona, I'm not a good person and I won't be a great king.", I chuckle and got up, going to my chamber.

____________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Ayoo,
Another chapter.

Welp now you know who's the 'her'

Who do you think is his sister?

Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.

-shaz