Chapter 44

Surprise Shawty, two chapters in one night. Lessssss get it!

Y/n’s

Holding flowers in one hand and her’s in the other, I led her through the graveyard. It’s pretty noticeable, she’s confused of why I have brought her here, but I promised. I stop directly in front of the familiar grave. Obviously no one has been here in a while, you can tell with the light layer of dirt on the gravestone. 

“Baby.'' She says my nickname but I just need a moment of silence. My moment of slights is a little longer than intended but I know Lizzie doesn't mind. Maybe five or ten minutes pass. “She would have loved you.” I finally speak.

“Probably not but thanks for trying.” She jokes causing me to laugh. Lizzie walks closer pulling me along. She struggles to get down on her knees so of course I help her. I kneel beside her and watch her dusk the stone with her hands. She takes the flowers from me and probs them up on the gravestone.

There is no doubt in my mind that my mother would have loved Lizzie as much as I do. She loved anyone who made me smile and maybe that’s why I tried the romantic side with Shan. Because my mother loved her and she loved how happy she made me. Shan is my last tie to my mother, I just can’t lose her. 

Lizzie kisses the tips of her fingers and then presses them to the stone. She turns to me and her face saddens. “Awwe baby what’s wrong?” she asks. I wiped my cheek relizing tears were slipping. 

“Nothing. I just…” I look down at my hands. “I just love you.” I confess, nervously That wasn’t so hard. I should have easily said it to her all those years ago. She takes my hands in hers. “Woooow. Took you long enough.” Lizzie jokes. I chuckle as I lean forward, taking her face in my hands and pulling her in. “Just when I was about to say it’s nice to have you off that morphine shit.” I joke. 

“I want my morphine shit back. I feel everything now.” She groans holding her shoulder. “It made you weird. I swear in the shower you mumbled something about puppies.” I say, with a shrug.

“Those were my inner thoughts, stupid.” She rolls her eyes playfully. “But you are like cuddling puppies.” She says, looking at my hands. I tilt my head confused. What does that even mean? 

‘Anyways….” She snaps out of her daze. “I love you too.” She says. Last time she said that things didn’t end well, but now I won’t give her the chance to ruin a good thing. Because I’m ready now. Ready to explore life fully, with Lizzie. 

I stand up off the ground and dust off my jeans before placing hands on Lizzie’s side, litting her to her feet. “So we have a big problem.” I confess. Lizzies eyes darted to mine. “Your mom doesn’t like me.” I groan. Lizzie nods, not even trying to lie and save my feelings. “Well, she doesn’t.” Lizzie says, reading my facial expression. 

I roll my eyes and walk away. “Wait babe, I’m still weak.” Lizzie whines. I turn to face her. “Carry me.” She whines with puppy dog eyes. Damn those emerald green eyes. I fold and walk back over to her.

-

“Maybe I can just apologize and your mom will just forgive me.” I suggest, while driving us to Lizzie’s place. “Doubt it. Just forget her.” Lizzie says leaning back in the passenger seat. “But I don’t want to. I want her to like me. Lizzie I’m a likeable person there's no reason she shouldn’t like me.” I am definitely obsessing over this but I don’t care. I glance over to her and see how tired she looks. “You good, babe?” I asked, placing a hand on her thigh. “Yeah, just sleepy.” She yawns. 

“Yeah must have been all that walking, huh?” I said sarcastically. 

She just hums in response. “Are you sure you’re feeling okay? How's your chest? You’re lungs to be exact.” I ask, flickering between the road and her. I can hear the faint sound of her snoring. “Okay my love, just rest.” I say sliding my fingers between hers.

” I say sliding my fingers between hers

(Sorry, could not help myself. RIP Ollie)