Chapter 16

(Ice Cream Cone or Snow Cone?)

Lizzie's POV

"And you signed this contract already?" She asks as we sit on the edge of my bed. Like 5 minutes after my first interview, I signed. The Russo brothers have been in touch with me for like 2 weeks but I didn't want to say anything until everything was set in stone. I nod. She takes a deep breath. "Well I'm happy for you. Marvel's a big deal. If people didn't already know you, they sure will now." She says supportively. I don't want to seem greedy but I have to ask. "Are you going to take the project?" I ask. 

Her silence gave me the chance to think the worst. "Do you want me to?" She asks.

I turn to her and she's looking down at her feet while her hands are tucked under her knees. "This is a big opportunity. You shouldn't pass it up." I say. She chuckles. "That's not what I asked." She says, somehow amused. 

How the hell am I supposed to tell her I don't want her to follow her dreams. How do I tell her that because I'm selfish she should miss the chance to work with HeyDay films. "Lizzie?" I look up to meet her gaze.

"It's not really my choice." I told her. "Well no, But if I had a reason to stay..." Y/n says. I stand up off my bed and her gaze follows me. What kind of person would I be if I told her to stay?

"You should go." I say, facing away from her. I hear her sigh. Maybe she's relieved or Maybe she wanted a reason to stay. "And Us?" she asks. "What about us?" I’m still facing away.

I feel her arms gently snake around my waist. "8 months is a long time." She says. "Well it's not like we're dating." Shit, that did not come out right. She pulls away almost instantly. "Right." Her voice was flat and emotionless. "Y/n, I didn't.." She cuts me off. "It's fine." She says, not meeting my gaze. "Thanks for clearing things up."

I open my mouth to say something but someone interrupts us. "Hey, Lizzie. Are we still on for that drink?" Aubrey asks. "Yeah, Could you give me a moment." I ask. "Did I interrupt something?" Aubrey asks. "Yes." "No." We look at each other. "I was just leaving." Y/n says, then walks out of my room. 

"What did you do?" Aubrey asks. "I screwed up." I flop back on the bed. "I don't want her to leave, but I also don't want to be the reason she misses out, you know? I say. "No, I have no clue what you're talking about." Aubrey says, taking a seat next to me. I sit up, respectfully. "Do you know Heyman films?" I ask. Aubrey shrugs giving me her answer.

"Well they're huge, and Y/n just got a chance to work alongside the founder. This would be a huge opportunity, but...It's in england." I told her. I may have done some research on some film companies so I could keep up with Y/n, during our conversations. "What! And she's just going to leave you!" Aubrey asks in a loud tone.

"It's not like we're a couple." I informed her. "What about your Titanic kiss? The cotton candy!" Wow I really do tell her everything. "I don't know. Maybe we're just not meant to be." I say looking down at my hands. Aubrey punches me extremely hard in the shoulder. "W-what? What was that?!"

"Are You Dumb, Stupid Or Dumb! You two have been Vibeing each other’s energy for three and a half months. All you talk about is her. Y/n this. Y/n That. Now your telling me it's not meant to be! Lizzie you need to grow some fucking balls and tell this woman how you feel. That you want her to stay and be with you." Aubrey says. I'm honestly still a little stunned from the punch. I stand up.

"Your right." I say and take off for the door. "Well maybe not right now it's like midnight." Aubrey says. "Right." I say turning back around.

(1ST...Will Lizzie get there in time!? WHO KNOWS)
(And 2ND thanks for answering my gip question. I was definitely not expecting that but Am also glad that I'm informed.) 
(LOL, Imagine me using it in the wrong context.🤣)
(Hugs And Kisses) XOXO 🥰 🥰 🥰